Latitudes Question on embarkation, Debarkation

riddle

We have just reached the Latitudes point where special embarkation and debarkation are listed as perks. I do not, from our previous cruises, remember any Latitudes guests boarding first, I only remember suites and handicapped. Does anyone know if they do this? We are on the Epic in Nov.

You don't get special or priority embarkation, you get to use (and the exact set up can differ from port to port) dedicated Latitudes check in lines...which are sometime longer than the ordinary check in lines so their benefit can be limited.

Only Gold and Platinum Latitudes members get priority disembarkation...essentially meaning you get a luggage tag color that will be called for disembarkation before most other color tags. Platinum Latitudes members also get concierge service, so you may be able to disembark with suite passengers.

Here's the list of Latitudes benefits. http://www2.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

Check-in for the Epic is very efficient. The ship is so large that they have 2 enry points in the port of Miami. The latitudes line was short when I went. I arrived at the port and proceeded to the entry on my itinerary. I got in latitudes line and I was through in 10 minutes and on board the ship by Noon. my room was ready at 1:30 and my luggage arrived at 2.

So all in all it was a smooth embarkation. I hope yours works out as well.

Disembarking is a non-issue. you can keep your luggage in your room and leave whenever you want or put luggage outside room night before and leave when they call you in the morning.

Essentially if you miss your call time cause your eating breakfast or something it is a non issue. All luggage is on the dock, attended and available until you get there.

Have a great cruise:D

Kev:cool:

I don't remember if we boarded any faster on our last cruise as Latitudes members (we weren't in a suite or anything), but there was definitely a "special" line for checking in for Latitudes members, and if I remember correctly it was quite a bit shorter :)

Oops - I see others posted while I was typing - they definitely have more info and I do imagine it's a crap shoot with the line. I remember ours was shorter but that could be just due to when we checked in, the cruise itself, etc. We were on the Sun and it was a few years ago.

I was looking at the link that delineates the different levels and their perks. Can someone explain to me the difference between the "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers" and the "Members Only Cocktail Party" both of which are perks for silver tier? Are these separate events? Free drinks? Sorry, that was crass.

I was looking at the link that delineates the different levels and their perks. Can someone explain to me the difference between the "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers" and the "Members Only Cocktail Party" both of which are perks for silver tier? Are these separate events? Free drinks? Sorry, that was crass.

I may be wrong but the exclusive on board gathering with ships officers sounds like a Cruise Critic gathering, usually held on 2nd day in the morning with coffee and danish etc, at least on the recent cruises I have taken. The other one is the Latitudes event also usually on the 2nd day but inthe early afternoon(again on recent cruises) The latitudes had hors d'ouvres and yes No crass Here...Cocktails of which you could have as many as you could put down in an hour and yes the ships officers are here as well.

I may be wrong but this is my understanding of the 2 parties you described:D

Kev

Yes, they are separate NCL hosted events. Free drinks at both. You will receive invitations on your door. Both are Latitudes events. The Members Only party is very well attended as many are eligible and they give out "prizes" like NCL duffle bags, T-shirts, bottles of champagne, etc. It is usually held on the second day of the cruise.

I made it to Silver on my last cruise in Hawaii. There was a Members only party on the bow of the ship at sail away from the last port. No food, but several officers and champagne. It was great. I can't wait to get to Gold and Platinum and see what other parties we are invited to!

Enjoy your cruise.

I may be wrong but the exclusive on board gathering with ships officers sounds like a Cruise Critic gathering, usually held on 2nd day in the morning with coffee and danish etc, at least on the recent cruises I have taken. The other one is the Latitudes event also usually on the 2nd day but inthe early afternoon(again on recent cruises) The latitudes had hors d'ouvres and yes No crass Here...Cocktails of which you could have as many as you could put down in an hour and yes the ships officers are here as well.

I may be wrong but this is my understanding of the 2 parties you described:D

Kev

No, that has nothing to do with Cruise Critic. It's a separate Latitudes party for Silver and above, as opposed to the Latitudes party open to all members.

1. No, that has nothing to do with Cruise Critic. It's a separate Latitudes party for Silver and above, as opposed to the Latitudes party open to all members.

Great news, Thanks NJ. Since I now am silver level latitudes and am sailing on the Breakaway next I now have the sail away party for our thread, the meet and greet for Cruise Critic and the 2 count em 2 parties for Latitudes. keep the parties coming yessss!:D

This will be our first cruise as "gold" and we are on the Epic. Are priority tender tickets delivered to your cabin?

Yes, gold gets you priority tender tickets, but does the Epic even call on any tender ports? I thought the ship docks in every port it visits.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news, Thanks NJ. Since I now am silver level latitudes and am sailing on the Breakaway next I now have the sail away party for our thread, the meet and greet for Cruise Critic and the 2 count em 2 parties for Latitudes. keep the parties coming yessss!:D

Not wishing to dampen your joy :) but it would appear one of the parties for Latitudes (Members only cocktail party) is not available on the Epic or Breakaway :(

Archived