Who has booked Alaska for 2006!!!!

cruisingfreak

JerseyMom: We're also on the Star for Aug. 20th. 10 months, 10 days from now, we'll be sailing away.... yippee!!!:D

Glad to see someone else is on this cruise - I was beginning to think that this was going to be a veeeery quiet cruise. BTW, it will be DH, myself and DS (11 next August). Any kids with you?

Hi TamaLee -

Looks like my hubby and I will be fellow anniversary cruisers! We are celebrating our 3rd anniversary and my b-day on the Carnival Spirit - Northbound - 5/31/06. We are from Florida. How about you? Have you been to Alaska before? I went to Anchorage to visit a friend in the Air Force once, but didnt do a cruise. We are so excited!!! Stacey and Dan

Did you decide on your cruise yet? We are booked on the Spirit June 14-21st. We needed these dates due to scheduling conflicts. If you are planning to do any pre or post cruise touring in Alaska, however, you might want to do the southbound route instead. We are doing an extra 4 days from Anchorage but are concerned we will already be "pooped out". Good luck picking a cruise. The planning is half the fun for me!

Booked on Dawn Princess sailing from Seattle on 27th May 06. Prior to the Alaska cruise we will be taking a Rockies Land Tour commencing from Calgary. We fly from England on 22nd May. Anyone else out there doing the same trip(s) as ourselves?

We managed to get some good discounts with the early booking offers but the offer did not apply to an outside or balcony cabin and we are in an Inside Cabin on Caribe (C319). Still we were on Caribe Deck in around the same area for our Baltic Cruise on Star in August and that was fine. If we apply for a complimentary upgrade our TA seems to think we will have to accept whatever is offered and it could be in a worse location and on a less favourable deck. If we went and paid out the extra to upgrade this is money, we feel, that could be put towards the excursions. Having an inside cabin will make us resolute in getting up early, out on deck and ready to take in all the awesome sights awaiting us.

Good Luck to everyone with your planning. We will be searching the various threads for tips.

Regards from

Suron in Bristol, England :)

I just booked the 5/7/06 sailing of the Star, it is the first Alaskan sailing of the season. I'm sure the waether will be iffy, but I love the scenery in any weather!

Well, I switched to the 5/21 sailing of the Norwegian Star, the 5/7 and 5/14 sailings have some itinerary abbreviations.

Well, I switched to the 5/21 sailing of the Norwegian Star, the 5/7 and 5/14 sailings have some itinerary abbreviations.

We'll be boarding the Star the day you disembark, May 28th. Have you thought about any excursions you'd like to do? Have you been to Glacier Bay? I know we'll have a great time no matter what the weather!

We'll be boarding the Star the day you disembark, May 28th. Have you thought about any excursions you'd like to do? Have you been to Glacier Bay? I know we'll have a great time no matter what the weather!

Brunolvr:

I have been to Glacier Bay once before, on the Norwegian Sky. It was amazing and awesome and I loved it! That's why I am repeating to Alaska. I haven't figured out any excursions yet, I haven't seen any that really grab my interest other than I'd like to do whale watching. I'm trying to figure out which port will be best for it. There is an evening one from Juneau that looks good. My big thing is I HATE going on any excursion where you get to "enjoy" it with 100 other people.

Hi everyone. We are booked on the Spirit, Aug 30th. We are working on the land portion now. We are looking at Alaska Tour and Travel, #6419 or #6125. Does anyone know anything about these tours? I am also looking at the Heritage tour "Best of Denali". I haven't talked anyone into rent a car. (2 couples) So theses tours sound good. I would love to stay in Kantishna on the Heritage tour but they don't take you to your boat in Whittier. Any helpful suggestions or advice is appreciated. Donna

Just booked two staterooms for ten day sailing from San Francisco..................husband and son who is celebrating his 40th birthday....................looking forward to our first Alaskan jaunt. Will be 17th cruise and will enjoy elite status for the second time. Hope the roll call brings us a great group to have fun with..........................sailinsal

Donnachipper

I was also looking at Alaska Tour and Travel. I called them today and they will customize any tour. I am not interested in WW rafting and I preferred to take the train both ways. They said there would be no problem changing these. It might be worth a call. I haven't used them yet so I can't recommend them either way but the person I spoke to seemed very helpful as to which hotels etc. They might be able to add Whittier. We are on the Spirit NB on June 28. Hope we love the ship.

mom23guys and all,

I contacted Tour and Travel about customizing the trip. They were pretty good. I was interested in the Kantishna Roadhouse and they can substitute it for the Denali Bluffs Hotel.(2 nights) It will cost us a lot more but the food and activities are included.

Does anyone else have any oppinion on the Kantishna Roadhouse and if that is a good idea to stay there vs Denali Park entrance hotel?

Donna

Brunolvr:

I have been to Glacier Bay once before, on the Norwegian Sky. It was amazing and awesome and I loved it! That's why I am repeating to Alaska. I haven't figured out any excursions yet, I haven't seen any that really grab my interest other than I'd like to do whale watching. I'm trying to figure out which port will be best for it. There is an evening one from Juneau that looks good. My big thing is I HATE going on any excursion where you get to "enjoy" it with 100 other people.

You could try Captain Larry with Orca Enterprise. He seems to have much smaller groups than the cruiselines' tours.

Has anyone stayed at the Kantishna Roadhouse? We are thinking of staying there for 2 nights. What about the Denali Backcountry Lodge? Both of these places are in Kantishna. Any help with this will be appreciated. We got a quote from the Alaska Tour and Travel for this trip. Any comments will be appreciated. Donna

Archived