MDR seating...

bluekrush

Is it possible to arrange a two person table before setting sail? I have heard that you can arrange it with the maitre d while on the cruise but I didn’t know if there was something I could do to arrange it before?

Is it possible to arrange a two person table before setting sail? I have heard that you can arrange it with the maitre d while on the cruise but I didn’t know if there was something I could do to arrange it before?

You cannot. You could write to John Heald and ask for it but no guarantee it will happen.

You can try emailing the maitre'd of your ship.

xxmaitred@carnival.com

Just replace the xx with one of these

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Before my first cruise, I remember thinking I wouldn't want to dine with strangers, but it has become something I really enjoy. I love asking where people are from, how often they've cruised, what excursions they've taken or have booked, their favorite cruiseline and port, etc. Funny, considering I'm usually a bit of a loner!

Before my first cruise, I remember thinking I wouldn't want to dine with strangers, but it has become something I really enjoy. I love asking where people are from, how often they've cruised, what excursions they've taken or have booked, their favorite cruiseline and port, etc. Funny, considering I'm usually a bit of a loner!

One of the best parts of cruising is meeting new people

yes you can !! We have always made our table and dining arrangements prior to cruising. Talk to your PVP

I am so on th fence with this one. Its my 3rd cruise, boyfriend's first. I emailed the maitre d and received an email back stating my request for the table for 2 will be accommodated. But he is so social, I know he would also like meeting me people.

Of course, if this is the hardest decision I face today, its a pretty good one :)

I requsted the table size from my TA at time of booking and she was told by Carnival that table size request could not be made ahead of time. I called Carnival directly and was told the same thing. They advised me to see the Maitre'D day of sailing. I really enoy socializing at dinner and try for a table of at least 6. We were assigned a table of 4 on a couple of past Carnival cruises and many nights the others didn't show. I just e-mailed per above to see if that works.

I have requested a table for 2 through my PVP and have always received the quiet table. Call Carnival and speak with a PVP, they'll put the request in on your reservation.

PVP? HAVEN'T HEARD THAT TERM. WHO IS IT?

YANSKA.:o

One of the best parts of cruising is meeting new people

Has been my experience also, but one bad experience in 2009, has left me never wanting to take a chance again on bad atmosphere at the dining table. Therefore my next cruise, did anytime dining. I know however that you cant always get that, so I may have to take a chance again. Just, that for me, given a choice I will always prefer, a table to myself or ourselves. :)

But OP, try emailing maitre d, and when you board go check out your table in MDR asap, and if not to your liking, see maitre d, asap.

Now how does this apply with YTD?

if we have your time dining... will we be seated with others?

You can request any size table when you arrive for dinner, but depending on time and availability, you may have to wait a few minutes.

Archived