Air booked/Hotel booked!

aislynmae

Hello all,

Well after much research and crossed fingers, I am finally booked for air and hotel.

We will be taking direct flight into EWR Saturday morning EARLY. and staying at the ntercontinental Barclay in midtown. (priceline)

Now, just need to figure out transportation to NY from EWR.

I have read about the Airtrain, but not sure how doable this will be with luggage.

Pretty sure we will take the car service from the ship to EWR the day we leave (12:58pm) since we will be on a small time crunch.

Really appreciate everyone help, especially 138east.

:p

Rather than take the AirTrain, I recommend you use the CoachUSA/Olympia Trails airport bus. http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp

It costs $16 per person, but is more convenient than taking the AirTrain, as the bus leaves directly from each of the airline terminals, and they will store your luggage in the cargo hold under the bus. To use Airtrain you have to handle your own luggage and change trains from the AirTrain to NJ Transit at the EWR NJ Transit rail station.

The bus will also bring you closer to your hotel. Take the bus to its stop at Grand Central Station...you'll be only about 6-7 blocks from your hotel...a short taxi ride, or even walkable if you can handle your luggage. (The train would leave you at NY Penn Station...considerably further from your hotel).

Definitely book a car service to go from the cruise pier back to EWR.

Archived