How do we liven up this board?

Banditswife

So after that you will be in triple digits??? Hope you are still able!!!

I am impressed because I went to Wendy's for lunch and I was given a free coke.....a SENIOR coke! Now I don't think I looked like I qualify for that, but, hey it was free. Guess I'll go get my hair colored!

Double digits-- as in days til our next cruise. 94 days til we sail the CCL Dream.

I got my 1st 55+ discount last weekend. Went to a waterpark & got the junior/senior rate. So my granddaughter & I paid the same amt. I jokingly told her they thought I was her age. Ha ha, gray hair & all.

That's the best part about being a senior -- THE DISCOUNTS!!! yay! good for us ...

I feel comfortable and I always say, I am old therefore I can be ME...

I'll have to make a list of who's who on this thread - cuz being old makes me not remember too well .... hello to all - be back - gotta feed my old body... corkey

Saw this thread and decided to pop in. Glad I did, because there was (is) Corkey. Glad to see you here.

She and I met on a transatlantic in 2006. You would all like her.

I've finally fully retired after working half time for seven years, and I moved from to a town near the NC coast. One of my surprises was a day when I went to the super market. It happened to be a Thursday, and I was asked (yeah, right) if I was a senior. Anyway, I learned that the store gives 10% discount to seniors on Thursdays. Guess who does her grocery shopping on Thursdays now!

Hi,

guess we'd do our grocery shopping on Thursdays for a 10% discount too. Love those discounts.

For cruising, the discounts haven't been too good for us. We end up booking ES or past guest.

We are showing those youngsters how lively we can be for old folks.:D

Have a fun weekend all,

Saw this thread and decided to pop in. Glad I did, because there was (is) Corkey. Glad to see you here.

She and I met on a transatlantic in 2006. You would all like her.

I've finally fully retired after working half time for seven years, and I moved from to a town near the NC coast. One of my surprises was a day when I went to the super market. It happened to be a Thursday, and I was asked (yeah, right) if I was a senior. Anyway, I learned that the store gives 10% discount to seniors on Thursdays. Guess who does her grocery shopping on Thursdays now!

so glad to meet up with you here! will always remember the great gang on the Brilliance when we did our TA --

I have a list of all the discounts given from different places- eateries, stores, etc... the day my friend sent it to me, we went to AppleBee's and I got a 10% off our meal - didn't know they give discounts - the gal said they don't really TELL folks about it - you just have to know to ask for it - 10% is 10% -- I love going to Ross on Tues's - another discount! Don't mind being a senior -

Saw your condo on FB, Beth - nice living room arrangement - so neat - Enjoy your life Today - you always knew how to do things for You... I admire you -

Hi Banditswife and everyone on this thread - have a good weekend - hey, for seniors, we are active and so glad that I no longer have to work - are we all retired ?

Corkey Carol

Carol, are you saying that if I go into the local Applebee's and ask for a senior discount I'll get it?

Also, do you have any cruises booked? Can't imagine that you don't. I'm back on the Brilliance November 2nd for a repositioning cruise from NJ to San Juan. I'm going solo but made a friend on a solo thread and then met her in New York in May. She's also going to be on the cruise. We also have a very active roll call. Then I'm trying Princess in January since several people have said they think I'll like it.

The only problem is that going solo means extra $$ for the supplement.

Edited by ILoveScotland

Carol, are you saying that if I go into the local Applebee's and ask for a senior discount I'll get it?

Also, do you have any cruises booked? Can't imagine that you don't. I'm back on the Brilliance November 2nd for a repositioning cruise from NJ to San Juan. I'm going solo but made a friend on a solo thread and then met her in New York in May. She's also going to be on the cruise. We also have a very active roll call. Then I'm trying Princess in January since several people have said they think I'll like it.

Yes, AppleBee's should give you a discount - I should send you the list my friend gave me - I don't think I have your email anymore since I got a new computer and forgot to make a list of all my emails on that old addy - I am:

carfieldtnepo at comcast dot net

We have a B2B on the Allure this Dec -- can't wait - been wanting to be on this class of ship since the Oasis came out = going with my East Coast Gang - a really fun group - we have done 4 reunion cruises since meeting on a Caribbean cruise last Nov 07 - we did the Silhouette last Nov -- then in Feb 2013, we are doing the Navigator from New Orleans with friends from CA, Tx, Las Vegas - looking forward to that cuz of staying in NO after the cruise - haven't been there in 20 yrs -

I think Bagsy from your other thread, the long one that I've wanted to go in and say HI to you and Bagsy to but never have -- she was suppose to join us on the Silhouett but she cancelled.

Carol

Corky- Carol, thanks for the info on those discounts. Didn't know Applebees gave one. You asked if we're all retired- I still work, but hubby has been retired for 3 yrs now. Good to hear from you again.

Have a great weekend all. Annette

But I am a retired nurse. He loves working, yet, and I love NOT working....I find plenty of things to keep me busy! We have a cruise booked for Feb out of San Juan, our daughter and her family and my brother and his wife and us. The two of us have never cruised with friends or family but I think it should be fun! ...........By the way, I got a Senior coke today for .49 at Mc D's!

A BIRTHDAY cruise for you!!! Are you in an inside or outside stateroom - I think if I were going alone, I wouldn't mind an inside cuz all I do is sleep in there - will your friend share a room with you? I snore - I would keep my roomie awake!! I sent you the list of discounts - carol

Corky- Carol, thanks for the info on those discounts. Didn't know Applebees gave one. You asked if we're all retired- I still work, but hubby has been retired for 3 yrs now. Good to hear from you again.

Have a great weekend all. Annette

Be glad to send you the list - just email me -

I worked for 35 yrs -same place = then after my official retirement, I went back and worked part time for 2-1/2 yrs - I worked 3 to 4 hrs per day, 4 days/week -- took off whenever I wanted to and did ONLY the work I wanted to do - it was fun - I have been home now since Oct of 2008... Carol

But I am a retired nurse. He loves working, yet, and I love NOT working....I find plenty of things to keep me busy! We have a cruise booked for Feb out of San Juan, our daughter and her family and my brother and his wife and us. The two of us have never cruised with friends or family but I think it should be fun! ...........By the way, I got a Senior coke today for .49 at Mc D's!

That's a bargain! yay for you!

We cruise alone, we cruise with friends, we cruise with relatives - all good - all fun - I agree with you 100% - Love NOT working - Carol

:)Happy Sunday morning all.

Snoring? OMGoodness- DH snores so bad, at home I have my own bedroom. LOL So on a vacation or cruise, we have to sleep in the same room. We neither one get a good nights sleep cause we are so worried about distubing the other. He says I snore too, but I won't believe him. ;)

Corky you do sound like a lot of fun. Hope to meet ya onboard sometime.

My mom is 86 & she still works part time. I hope I have as much get up & go as she does when I get there. Smooth sailing all- Annette

:)Happy Sunday morning all.

Snoring? OMGoodness- DH snores so bad, at home I have my own bedroom. LOL So on a vacation or cruise, we have to sleep in the same room. We neither one get a good nights sleep cause we are so worried about distubing the other. He says I snore too, but I won't believe him. ;)

Corky you do sound like a lot of fun. Hope to meet ya onboard sometime.

My mom is 86 & she still works part time. I hope I have as much get up & go as she does when I get there. Smooth sailing all- Annette

I know I definitely snore cuz i'll wake myself up sometimes from my loud roar!! hubby never complains - he snores too but not every night - my Dad snored super loud so I am used to it - snoring is like a lullaby to me, it puts me to sleep - !!

Wow - great for your Mom - keeps the mind and body going - thumbs up for her -

Hope we can watch the closing ceremonies of the Olympic games tonight - going to a BBQ for dinner - the games have been fun to watch and glad for the USA having more golds/medals total -

Have a good Sunday everyone! Corkey Carol

I also love to talk about Food !! ha! ha! especially about 'burgers - I usually have a burger everday for lunch when we cruise - don't at home - a burger, a slice of pizza and green salad - of course for dinner, I get more adventurous!! Corkey

I had some great tunaburgers my last cruise. Me and DH had one almost everday for lunch! FYI Im 56 and hes 63...hes always talking retirment but I cant see it happening that soon. We need to save more so we can go on m ore cruises when we retire not less!:D

I had some great tunaburgers my last cruise. Me and DH had one almost everday for lunch! FYI Im 56 and hes 63...hes always talking retirment but I cant see it happening that soon. We need to save more so we can go on m ore cruises when we retire not less!:D

I've never had a tuna burger on RCCL - saw your stat line and you must have eaten them on Norwegian - sounds good - I love tuna salad sandwiches, they were good on Celebrity but the ones on RCCL have too much pimiento on them so I pass - when I was in grammar school, the head cook would make tuna burgers on Fri's but she made them like tuna salads, put them on a regular hamburger bun, put american cheese on it = it was sooo good - to this day, I love eating my tuna salad sandwiches with the burger buns.

Retirement will be fun - and as you said, if you can go on more cruises, it'll be super great!! Corkey Carol

No tuna burgers, tuna salads, tuna casseroles or anything that has tuna out of a can for me. I didn't even know tuna was good until I discovered fresh tuna that was cooked rare. Now that I love!!

Thats what it was. A tuna steak cooked extremely rare on a good bun with some fancy coleslaw on it and string fries. It was at Cagneys (the steak restaurant) on NCL. The suite passengers get to eat breakfast and lunch there gratis as part of the suite perks.:D

Thats what it was. A tuna steak cooked extremely rare on a good bun with some fancy coleslaw on it and string fries. It was at Cagneys (the steak restaurant) on NCL. The suite passengers get to eat breakfast and lunch there gratis as part of the suite perks.:D

Now that sounds delicious. I would try it in a heart beat.

Now that sounds delicious. I would try it in a heart beat.

I can understand - ahi (tuna) is good and when we are in Hawaii, I do their ahi poke, which is raw tuna in lots of soy and green onions and other seasonings that cook the tuna, still raw but oh so good - I do like tuna in a can - must be albacore in water - carol

i would love that too -tuna in any form!

carol

Now you all have me hugry. Dang I just ate lunch.

On another note, would love to try another cruise line, we've only done 1 RCCL, 5 CCL. Is NCL a lot more $$? When I look up cruise fares, they seem more expensive than CCL. But we are thinking of trying something different next year. Any recommendations? We sail on a budget. My favorite itin so far has been the Carribean.

Happy Tuesday all.

Now you all have me hugry. Dang I just ate lunch.

On another note, would love to try another cruise line, we've only done 1 RCCL, 5 CCL. Is NCL a lot more $$? When I look up cruise fares, they seem more expensive than CCL. But we are thinking of trying something different next year. Any recommendations? We sail on a budget. My favorite itin so far has been the Carribean.

Happy Tuesday all.

My first 2 cruises was rccl, we found ncl to be less expensive.