Cancellation ?

Pokeraddict

I know that the cancellation schedule is different for Suites/Havens verses regular cabins, so if penthouse is classified as a suite and comes with the perks with the exception of the courtyard why doesn't it fall into the same cancellation fee schedule as suites?

I'm particularly referring to the SF cat. on the Pearl as we may have to cancel due to major operation being moved further out, so I'm trying to figure out all my options.

Secondly do you count back from the sail date or final payment date? Thanks

I know that the cancellation schedule is different for Suites/Havens verses regular cabins, so if penthouse is classified as a suite and comes with the perks with the exception of the courtyard why doesn't it fall into the same cancellation fee schedule as suites?

I'm particularly referring to the SF cat. on the Pearl as we may have to cancel due to major operation being moved further out, so I'm trying to figure out all my options.

Secondly do you count back from the sail date or final payment date? Thanks

Looks like the extended cancellation schedule is only for Number suites S1 - S9 - not the letter suites and it is from the departure date. Here is the website with the info http://www2.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

I was not aware of the different schedules, so curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up and according to NCL the cancellation fee is based on days prior to sailing. I normally find that changes are easily made anytime prior to final payment and I've always used that as my make changes date, which has for me at least been when the cancellation schedule starts charging fees to cancel or change. Not sure if that helps at all, but NCL's cancellation policy can be found at http://www2.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule. Also the you can purchase trip coverage prior to final payment so if changes are needed you can be covered even after final payment.

I was not aware of the different schedules, so curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up and according to NCL the cancellation fee is based on days prior to sailing. I normally find that changes are easily made anytime prior to final payment and I've always used that as my make changes date, which has for me at least been when the cancellation schedule starts charging fees to cancel or change. Not sure if that helps at all, but NCL's cancellation policy can be found at http://www2.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule. Also the you can purchase trip coverage prior to final payment so if changes are needed you can be covered even after final payment.

Thanks I just looked it up again and found right in front of my eyes this line:

Reservations that are not paid in full by the final payment due date are subject to cancellation and in the event a reservation is canceled, a cancellation fee will apply.

So I read this to say that the cancellation period starts from the final payment date. So 75 - 56 days means you count back from the final payment date, yes?

As for insurance it now puts me into the pre-exsisting category which is a whole other kettle of fish.

Thanks I just looked it up again and found right in front of my eyes this line:

Reservations that are not paid in full by the final payment due date are subject to cancellation and in the event a reservation is canceled, a cancellation fee will apply.

So I read this to say that the cancellation period starts from the final payment date. So 75 - 56 days means you count back from the final payment date, yes?

As for insurance it now puts me into the pre-exsisting category which is a whole other kettle of fish.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but.....

Have prices changed? Can you cancel, rebook the same room and purchase insurance today?

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but.....

Have prices changed? Can you cancel, rebook the same room and purchase insurance today?

It's not about insurance at this point but rather the time lines between now and when final payment is due and sail date.

At this point I wont get results till end of Sept by the time all the tests are done and results are in.

Then operation has to be scheduled and in Canada our wait times are not quick, it can be months.

Cancellation dates are calculated back from sail date, not final payment date, which is usually 90 days before sailing.

If you think about it, the percentages are what's held back, so the remainder is refunded. It would be a lot harder for them to try to invoice you for 50% of a cruise you're not taking if YOU have the money and not them!

I don't get why people come here asking for cx info. Why not use NCL's website or the documents they have provided you. That will have the most accurate info.

People ask about cancellation information, and many other things, because they either don't know where to find that information on NCL's web site, or even if they have found it they're uncertain about interpreting it.

I guess you didn't notice that the first two replies in this thread provided a link to the appropriate NCL web page, and I guess I don't understand why you care about what questions people ask. :rolleyes: No one is forcing you to read the thread or post on it.

Archived