Drinks package

Engineroom0306

This is a very personal decision.

Only you know how much you will drink on any given day, and the value you place on convenience!

We found it very worthwhile, not 100% due to the $$

but rather due to convenience and drinking what we want, when we want and NO SLIPS. It was so nice to have to try and audit the final invoice for accuracy!

The ability to just get bottles of water anytime (and stockpile them in the cabin). Grab a bottle when getting off the ship for a port. Fresh Brewed Iced Tea when returning from a port on a hot day! Cocktails before dinner, wine with dinner, etc.

Already booked our for our upcoming 12 day :D

We were really glad we bought the drink package for our trip (we had the non-alcoholic packages.) We had only 5 sea days on a 14 day cruise but managed even on port days to get our moneys worth. We enjoyed being able to go sit at Cafe al Bacio with coffee or tea and not have to worry about paying every time, having fresh squeezed juice with breakfast and sodas or specialty drinks with dinner.

Before our recent cruise, I would have said we'd never find a package worth it on port days but we bought one anyway figuring that on the whole it would be worth it. We were wrong about port days.

Premium coffees are SMALL. We needed 3-4 through a day just to equal our usual caffeine intake at home.

We drank SO SO SO much water. Without a package we'd have had tap water but, honestly, I will never go without at least a non-alcohol package after tasting bottled and tap side by side.

We don't drink juice or juice-based smoothies so you may get more use out of the package if you do.

To me.... the big question is ..... is it worth doing an an alcohol package or a non-alcohol package. We drank almost nothing (a few beers) that would have been covered by the 'classic' package. A glass of wine while dressing for dinner, a cocktail before dinner, a few glasses of wine with dinner, and a cocktail or two while going to shows and/or dancing later and our package was MORE than worth it. We often started dressing for dinner around 5PM and went to bed between 1 and 2AM. Our drinking was spread over 8-9 hours, even on port days. We didn't get a whole lot of sleep that week!

I am traveling Nov 3 on the summit. we have one day at see. everynow and then they give a 10% so if you have book you can rebook and get the saveings. I book classic at 340 normal price then everything went on sale so i gave an exta 30 bucks and got the premuim at 370 i can drink amost anything i want when ever, so if a drink is 6 bucks average i would have to drink on a 7 day cruise that is 9 drinks a day that is easly done this is includeing every thing water, coffee wine and beers mixed drinks. I don't think i will have any problem drinking my money worth.

It all depends on you and what you are looking for. We did it on a cruise that had several days at sea and it was super worthwhile. I had no problem drinking my money's worth and it was convenient. Plus - I didn't feel bad when I had a drink I really didn't care for. However - you have to look at your habits and how much you think you will be drinking.

Archived