How Much do you tip for Room Service?

braz88

Depending on order $2-$3 dollars. This past cruise I didn't use room service at all, and for a late breakfast one morning, I just went up to the Lido, and brought the food back downstairs covered with a napkin. The food and coffee was still hot.

i over tip something bad buddy!!!!!!!

i usually tip 6-10 bux. ..... maybe i will rethink that

something to consider--- you "tip" your cabin steward 3.50 a day and he does a heck of a lot more for you then just bringing your food on a tray.

the delivery person is just that-- a delivery person. he does not cook the food or arrange the food.

1-2 bucks is sufficient- Unless of course you are loading down that tray with enough food for Somlia

I tip $2 if it's an average order. Average is debatable.

I'm cheap, so if DW and I want RS and the kids also (separate room), we'll phone in one order to one room and split it up after it arrives.:p

One minor complaint -- since you sign for the food anyway and it is indicated on your final statement as "room service" $0.00, why don't they have a tip line like on a regular hotel room service bill that you sign?

I was happy to see this thread. On my last cruise I ordered room service for the first time and I was hoping that I wasn't being cheap with my tipping because we did $1 per plate. Since I ordered a sandwich and veggie sticks for me and then a sandwich for my DH it was $3 total.

I tip $2 if it's an average order. Average is debatable.

I'm cheap, so if DW and I want RS and the kids also (separate room), we'll phone in one order to one room and split it up after it arrives.:p

One minor complaint -- since you sign for the food anyway and it is indicated on your final statement as "room service" $0.00, why don't they have a tip line like on a regular hotel room service bill that you sign?

you most certainly can put your tip right on the "biil". just write it.

Archived