Return Flight Boarding Passes

LOWTYD

I have done the BAGS program in the past so I never had this problem ( not that it's a problem, just not sure on how to go about doing it) but how do you get your return flight boarding passes while on the ship? We are on the Dawn in December and normally you check in and print you boarding passes 24 hours before the flight and we will be at sea. Can they do it for me at the front desk, can I ask the the concierge or do you need to get internet access and pay to have them printed? I know you can get them once at the airport but I would rather have them ahead of time if possible. Thanks in advance for you help.:)

If you're using Southwest, pay the $10 to Southwest for Early Bird and let Southwest do the paperwork for you. You pick up your tickets via your smartphone or at the airport when you drop off your bags.

If you're not using Southwest, it would help to mention which airline you're using.

If you're using Southwest, pay the $10 to Southwest for Early Bird and let Southwest do the paperwork for you. You pick up your tickets via your smartphone or at the airport when you drop off your bags.

If you're not using Southwest, it would help to mention which airline you're using.

LOL I guess neither would work for me. Don't fly Southwest and don't own a smartphone.

LOL I guess neither would work for me. Don't fly Southwest and don't own a smartphone.

Meh. I can't help you if you're not on the BEST AIRLINE EVAHHHH!!!

/yes, that was a joke. I just hate paying bag fees.

I have done the BAGS program in the past so I never had this problem ( not that it's a problem, just not sure on how to go about doing it) but how do you get your return flight boarding passes while on the ship? We are on the Dawn in December and normally you check in and print you boarding passes 24 hours before the flight and we will be at sea. Can they do it for me at the front desk, can I ask the the concierge or do you need to get internet access and pay to have them printed? I know you can get them once at the airport but I would rather have them ahead of time if possible. Thanks in advance for you help.:)

I normally just print the boarding pass out . I usually some Internet minutes left at the end of the cruise. I usually go and do it during the first MDR sitting.

Meh. I can't help you if you're not on the BEST AIRLINE EVAHHHH!!!

/yes, that was a joke. I just hate paying bag fees.

I can't say I'm thrilled with bag fees but SW does not fly out of the location I need to come from.

We are flying Jet Blue. Thanks for your responses. I can do it at the airport but thought if it was easy enough to do on board, I would rather do that. I figured there are 2000 other people on the ship so someone must know something about it! LOL!

We are flying Jet Blue. Thanks for your responses. I can do it at the airport but thought if it was easy enough to do on board, I would rather do that. I figured there are 2000 other people on the ship so someone must know something about it! LOL!

It's free at the airport (not the case on the ship), and excruciatingly painful to do yourself on the ship with that slow internet connection. But if you're doing the BAGS program anyway, having the ship print out your boarding pass is rather nice!

We usually just print them ourselves onboard as DH always has some internet minutes left over. It does cost 50 cents per page for any printing.

One time, we had the Concierge print them for us. You do have to give the Concierge all your sign in info for the airline, so if you're comfortable with that you can have him/her do ir for you.

Thanks everyone. :) Wasn't sure what options there were and haven't decided if we are doing BAGS since we are leaving right from the ship to the airport this time. I only use it if I am hanging out most of the day for a later flight.

On our last cruise my MIL opted for the BAGS program - even though she was going directly to the airport. We did discuss the options with our concerige and he indicated that he could get her the boarding pass even if she decided not to do the BAGS program. Yes the suites have their perks :)

Sadly, people continue to spend time and money to print boarding passes onboard, or at hotels.

We just print it at the airport, assuming we even need a boarding pass. Some airlines send them to your phone now. That is pretty slick.

I booked my flight home in November on Southwest and paid the extra $10. I have never flown with them before and I know they do not assign seats until 24 in advance and we will be out at sea. I do not have a smart phone. By paying the $10, will Southwest assign me a seat?

I booked my flight home in November on Southwest and paid the extra $10. I have never flown with them before and I know they do not assign seats until 24 in advance and we will be out at sea. I do not have a smart phone. By paying the $10, will Southwest assign me a seat?

They will assign your boarding group. For the early bird fee you get in an early group without having to do it yourself!

Here's what Southwest's web site says about Early Bird boarding:

BETTER BOARDING POSITION

We'll automatically check you in and assign your boarding position within 36 hours of your flight's departure - that's 12 hours before general boarding positions become available. While EarlyBird Check-InSM doesn't guarantee an A boarding position, it improves your seat selection options to help you get your favorite seat.

Southwest does not assign seats at any time. They have some programs that allow you to get into one of the first groups to board, which should provide you with a wider selection of seats. You still choose your own seat.

When we fly SWA, we use the early bird option for the return flight for $10 pp. we get a better boarding number, so there is more space in the overhead bins and there are more seats from which to choose. we do not have to worry about Internet access on the last day of the cruise. the sooner you pay the ten dollars, the better your boarding position.

On other airlines we use Internet minutes if we have them. we also use the Internet if we are on a tight time frame. I have not used the concierge, but I am not surprised if they will do it.

One thing that someone taught me about Southwest: be sure to check that your flight originates at your starting airport and is NOT a flight that is just stopping there to pick up passengers. It has a direct effect on your boarding number. If it is a stopping flight, your seat choices could possibly be limited, even if you are in the first boarding group.

I had that happen on one of my SW flights. I had the B group (the second herd), which was OK most of the time. Well, I got onboard and the flight was already full except for the dreaded middles. The flight originated elsewhere and those of us boarding in SLC had "sloppy seconds" for seat choices.

For boarding passes - If you are on Jet Blue and you have your seats already (I don't fly them, so I'm not sure of their process), just picking up the BPs at the airport kiosks will be fine. I wouldn't burn Internet minutes for them.

One thing that someone taught me about Southwest: be sure to check that your flight originates at your starting airport and is NOT a flight that is just stopping there to pick up passengers. It has a direct effect on your boarding number. If it is a stopping flight, your seat choices could possibly be limited, even if you are in the first boarding group.

I had that happen on one of my SW flights. I had the B group (the second herd), which was OK most of the time. Well, I got onboard and the flight was already full except for the dreaded middles. The flight originated elsewhere and those of us boarding in SLC had "sloppy seconds" for seat choices.

For boarding passes - If you are on Jet Blue and you have your seats already (I don't fly them, so I'm not sure of their process), just picking up the BPs at the airport kiosks will be fine. I wouldn't burn Internet minutes for them.

To me, a continuing SWA flight (with potentially many seats filled with continuing passengers) is even more of an incentive to pay for early bird boarding. Had you paid $10 each, you more likely would have gotten an A boarding group, so there might have been 45 or more more seats available than when you boarded with B group. of course it is not a guarantee that you'd get an A group with Early Bird, but your odds go up, especially if you book early bird way, way before the flight. it ppears more and more people are paying for early bird...if you do not pay, do not be surprised by "sloppy seconds.". Same goes if you do not pay for a preassigned seat on several other airlines.

This would apply to most of the major carriers. DL, US Air, AA, UA, etc.

Archived