your thoughts and opinion about the caribbean princess

mr.jdm

It's time for us to go back to princess. our first cruise together me and my now fiance, so we are thinking of booking the CB in october for canada/new england cruise. i know the CB has had engine problems last year. what's everyone's take on the ship? still problematic? seems like lately it is not getting good reviews.

thanks in advance

The CB had propulsion problems that required emergency repair that caused the cancellation of three cruises back in March. I was on the first sailing after she was repaired and she was in perfect working order. We had a wonderful, problem-free cruise. I wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

It's time for us to go back to princess. our first cruise together me and my now fiance, so we are thinking of booking the CB in october for canada/new england cruise. i know the CB has had engine problems last year. what's everyone's take on the ship? still problematic? seems like lately it is not getting good reviews.

thanks in advance

We're just back from the Scandinavia cruise during the first week in July and there were none of the before mentioned engine problems. Overall the ship is in good condition and we had a great cruise. Sure, there are a few areas (carpet on a few of the stairs) that need updating but it doesn't detract from the overall cruise experience. I would show some wear and tear if I had 3000+ different people walking on me everyday. Food was very good and the service was excellent. Book your cruise and enjoy.

thanks in advance

We were on the CB from June 19th until July 8th. If you feel like reading, here's the link to my LIVE.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1655510

We just returned from a Scandanavian cruise two weeks ago on the CB. No engine problems and the ship is still in good condition. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes in for overhaul in the near future, however! With that said though, I would still sail on her again in the near future.

Archived