VIFP profile is still wrong - anyone else?

CorvetteLady

Mine was showing everything except the first 5 cruises. It showed 1 cruise for each, but no ship info, room info... so I emailed to get the ship names added. I didnt remember the cabin numbers. I got a reply saying it would be done in 72 hours. 4 days went by, no change. I emailed again, they replyed 5-7 days... Well..., I get an email response again after 4 days... saying my userid and password has been changed when they made the corrections. So I was to log in on the userid that they chose, and change the password that they chose. I tried to change my userid, but it didnt work. It did let me change the password. So now I am just stuck with the userid they chose. I am not messing with it anymore. With each call, they messed it up more...

also, the corrections were not made.

A problem with the VIFP change?

Send an e-mail to cclsupport@carnival.com. Include all your correct data re cruises, etc.

I had zero results for more than two weeks of back and forth. Mischelle, the on line community manager, set my ship aright overnite.:)

Excellent advice...

but give her some time ... if everyone hits her all at once....it will take some time for her to get them all straightened out.

With 22 cruises I'm still being shown as "0" . . . . at best, "amusing":D . . . . how such a successful company controlling 50% of the market can be so incompetent in other critical business areas just amazes me. :rolleyes:

My profile also shows 0 cruises yet they have an assigned past guest # for me. Go figure!

Of course I have saved all my sign and sail cards plus all my copies of the Fun Times....NOT!!!

Well, same here. Called in June for DH as mine is in order. Received email beginning of July 1st saying they have verified his request and it should show up in a few days with the correct sea days......guess I need a new math course.......still waiting.

A problem with the VIFP change?

Send an e-mail to cclsupport@carnival.com. Include all your correct data re cruises, etc.

I had zero results for more than two weeks of back and forth. Mischelle, the on line community manager, set my ship aright overnite.:)

She fixed mine too. After sending multiple requests to the vifp people, I sent a message to this email and my issue was fixed the next day.

This is what worked for me........I kept the same email, but I changed my log in name......the system accepted my previous past guest number and all was well.......I just debarked from the fascination this morning and my card color was correct. I hope this works for you. All of the promises of all is well within 72 hours from the carnival website was worthless...........so I fixed it myself......This seems to be the problem with past guest cruisers who have registered again under the vifp program......:)

I finally just sucked it up and called Carnival! Got through all their menu options...put my phone on speaker, and continued what I was doing while I waited. It was awhile, but I got a very helpful person who took me through each step online, things I would have never done to correct my problem...and then...it was all done!!! Took probably 15..20 minutes...but worth the wait!

Fortunately, I have no cruises booked at the moment.

But I have made 6 calls over a period of about 6 weeks trying to get it fixed.

First problem was that Carnival sent me an email notifying me of VIFP and a link to sign in as a VIFP. Did that. Turned out that the link they sent me was for new members.

Received a second email about 4 days later telling me to log in with my Past Guest Number to set up the VIFP number. Did that. Got message that a VIFP account was set up with everything in my account but not past cruises. Told me to call 1800Carnival to have them merge the two accounts. Did that.

And did that again

and again

and again

and again

and again.

Each time the person on the phone said that IT has not yet figured out how to merge the two numbers but to give them a week or so. And in the meantime, if I needed to book a cruise, to call with my past guest number and they would figure out how to get my level properly established.

Still waiting for IT to fix it so I can take advantage of the 'Special Offers' link on the VIFP page.

BTW anyone other than me absolutely hate VIFP. Seems like CIP would be better. (Carnival Important Person)

Archived