Any Specialty Restaurant Lunches on Summit (Bermuda)?

librarylady19

I have read that sometimes the specialty restaurants will offer lunch on sea days.

Does anyone recall seeing this on Summit this summer at Normandie? We are dining there for dinner one evening but would love a "lighter" meal too.

We were on a B2B set of cruises on the Infinity last April, and while there was not a special lunch for the back to back cruisers the specialty restaurant did offer lunch on both cruises. The lunch wasn't offered daily, but two or three times each cruise (both cruises were longer than 14 days each).

When we were on Summit, they had the President of St. Francis Winery on board. They had a 4-course gourmet luncheon prepared from the Blu kitchen and one of his wines paired with each course. The food alone was well worth the $25 they charged, and the wine flowed freely during the luncheon.

This was in addition to the normal wine events such as tasting and food pairing. I would look out for something like that during the 3 sea days of your cruise (if you are going to Bermuda).

Once or twice a cruise on Connie recently a lunch was offered in one of the Specialty Restaurants. This occurred both in the Caribbean and on the TA. Don't know how popular this was. The charge was about $25 pp. Whether they offer this on a 7 night cruise, especially with so much port time in Bermuda, I couldn't say. There will be the big brunch on the sea day after BDA, so that doesn't leave a lot of time for another special lunch offering in the space of that week.

I have read that sometimes the specialty restaurants will offer lunch on sea days.

Does anyone recall seeing this on Summit this summer at Normandie? We are dining there for dinner one evening but would love a "lighter" meal too.

Hi Sandi

You don't by any chance have a spreadsheet for the M class (Summit) ships, do you? Great work. Curious to know have you been on all these cruises or is this a collection of notes from various cruisers?

By the way, I will report to you whether or not lunch seatings are offered when we return.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sandi

You don't by any chance have a spreadsheet for the M class (Summit) ships, do you? Great work. Curious to know have you been on all these cruises or is this a collection of notes from various cruisers?

By the way, I will report to you whether or not lunch seatings are offered when we return.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

No, I do not have a spreadsheet for M class ships. Seems to be a lot of interest in that lately. If there is interest in creating a sticky similar to the S class endeavor, I would be happy to create and maintain it.

As to the S class spreadsheet, that was the creation of Donna aka Mysticks after Solstice debuted. She moved on to other cruise lines I believe so I took over updating the spreadsheet and have tweaked the format slightly along the way, adding ship names, etc. It is compiled of reports posted on the S Class cabin sticky.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

I recently moved to using Googledocs as it is much easier to update, share and manipulate.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences on Summit.

Archived