Balcony Cabins on Oceana

C at Sea

Have sailed on her, but forgotten :confused: Any tips for Balcony cabins on Oceana?

We quite like C deck, are the balconies on this deck in shade - is there an overhang from above?

Thanks for any help! :)

Have sailed on her, but forgotten :confused: Any tips for Balcony cabins on Oceana?

We quite like C deck, are the balconies on this deck in shade - is there an overhang from above?

Thanks for any help! :)

The balconies on Oceana are all cut out of the hull so are all over hung by the balcony above. The opening of those on C deck is slightly smaller than those on B and A decks.

You don't get as much sun on your balcony as you do on other ships, because of the way the balconies are built into the structure. We were on a TA on Oceana in January and had a C deck cabin. We used our balcony less than we had on previous cruises.

We were in a port c deck balcony in June for the Atlantic coast, the balcony is metal and there ar two wooden chairs which recline and a very tiny table.

We were able to use the balcony to get the sun every late afternoon / evening when the sun came streaming into the area.

Just make sure you know when the sun is at it's best on your deck and plan to make use of that time.

• 1 month later...

we are both senier citizens going next month to the med we have cabin L321 my sister wanted a balcony but looking at your review it doesnt sound worth the extra money

i am worried we will have noise from the motors running the swimming pools on our deck also the sundeck above as i hate noise

any advice will be most helpful

Hi, we have just got off the Oceana and had a balcony cabin. I couldn't have done without it. Our only problem was the noise from the childrens club above. We were on A deck starboard side in A635. This shouldn't be a problem out of school holidays as there was a large percentage of children on board for this cruise. Apart from that there was no continuous noise and to be able to sit on the balcony in the afternoon sunshine was wonderful. It's obviously a personal preference, but I would definitely pay the extra every time.

Archived