Misty Fjords question - 8:00 -10:00 only time left!!!!

frani

We tried to book w/Island Wings for our 8/23 cruise & the only time they have left is 8:00-10:00. Our ship docks at 6:30 am & I don't know if that's cutting it too close - I'm so bummed. I really wanted to go with them because of the 35 min. land time.

Can anyway who has done this before give me any ideas? Thanks

Our other option was to do the landing on the glacier - any ideas which company to use for that excursion?

I suggest you call them back and ask them about your times.

I think you will be OK, and if not, please let me know via another post.

I also booked a 8-10 flight. My ship also arrives at 6:30, and he told me he'd pick me up at the dock at 7:45, and have me back to my ship by 10:10.

Thus my assumption that you also would be OK.

But I found the folks there to be very nice (once you get a hold of them - guess it's their busy season righ now) and I'm sure they will give you the straight poop if you ask.

we also had to take the 8-10 am flight for June 21st. I did not think anything of the time as far as it not working with a 6:30 am arrival time. I was concerned that there would be too much "mist" to see the Misty Fjords very well, but was told that daylight is 4:30 am that time of year so the "mist" if any should be burned off by 8 am.

A major factor with independent booking - ALWAYS state your port times and go with the vender's recommendation for tour times. In Ketchikan, the plane is at most 10 mins. drive away (I often walk back).

For clarification- Jeff Carlin used to fly Island Wings, a few years ago he split off to form his own company. I have gone with him once. Also look at Southeast Aviation.

I just booked with Carlin Air - they had a 9:00 am flight - would you say they are just as good as Island Wings? I didn't think from reading the posts that Southeast made a land stop.

I'm sure BQ will reply with her knowledge of the flights themselves, but from what I've read, all three are recommended. Since I thought I was late booking, I contacted all three via e-mail through their web site. Carlin Air called me back the same day...she was so fun to talk to...full of information...very lively! That was several weeks ago and I have yet to be contacted back by the other two companies. I'm sure they are busy (or perhaps booked for my date). Anyway...my confirmation was mailed to me & I had it within a week of our conversation. I am happy with my choice...at least pre-flight!

I just booked with Carlin Air - they had a 9:00 am flight - would you say they are just as good as Island Wings? I didn't think from reading the posts that Southeast made a land stop.

We, 10 of us, have flight reservations with Southeast for this coming week. In speaking with Jim, a co-owner of Southeast, they do make a short landing. Long enough to get out of the plane, take pics, etc. He has been very nice, helpful and interesting during our several conversations. Two people in our group are taking a fly/fish excursion with them. This trip sounds great also.

Have fun!!

Archived