6 nights on the Valor 9/9/12 $319 PP

I showed you some prices ,beat those through Carnival direct and show me

PACK & GO - NON-REFUNDABLE

CPUB - NO UPGRADES APPLYInterior (IS)$299.00

SENIOR SPECIALS

CPSR - NO UPGRADES APPLY Interior (IS) $299.00

MILITARY RATES

CPM2 - NO UPGRADES APPLY Interior (4A) $294.00

My gf and I just returned off of the Carnival Fantasy for a 5 night cruise and absolutely loved it! We have been toying with the idea of going on another cruise sometime in late October/early December she works full time and is a full time student so her funds are limited so I think I may surprise her with another cruise. My mission is to be as frugal as possible and see just how cheap we can cruise...this could get interesting folks! I will keep you updated in the next few weeks once I get my vacation schedule at work figured out and decided which cruise to settle on.

Thanks Guys.

Not that hard to cruise cheap. Check out the 5 nighters for the 1st and 2nd week in December. This is usually the cheapest trips of the year. Book an inside cabin. If motion sickness is an issue, upgrade to a cabin in the 4C or 4D class.

We have done 5 nighters for $200 @, and a 7 nighter for $329. When you factor in tips, excursions, and transportation you are still under $1000@. Even less if you drive to New Orleans. Hopefully they will open up Mobile again.

If she is a full time student, she isn't going to be able to cruise during the off season. You will be limited to breaks and the summer which are peak times to cruise. As a teacher, we are stuck in the same scenario. Have found good rates for spring break (if you start shopping early) as well as early August. We always have to get an inside room because of the higher rates. I'd rather not have a window than not cruise at all!

PACK & GO - NON-REFUNDABLE

CPUB - NO UPGRADES APPLYInterior (IS)$299.00

SENIOR SPECIALS

CPSR - NO UPGRADES APPLY Interior (IS) $299.00

MILITARY RATES

CPM2 - NO UPGRADES APPLY Interior (4A) $294.00

lol wasnt talking about military or senior specials ,pack n go

good try though

My gf and I just returned off of the Carnival Fantasy for a 5 night cruise and absolutely loved it! We have been toying with the idea of going on another cruise sometime in late October/early December she works full time and is a full time student so her funds are limited so I think I may surprise her with another cruise. My mission is to be as frugal as possible and see just how cheap we can cruise...this could get interesting folks! I will keep you updated in the next few weeks once I get my vacation schedule at work figured out and decided which cruise to settle on.

Thanks Guys.

The "cheapest" way to cruise is to get paid to cruise. Look into working for a cruise line. If you're so into being on the boat, that you'd work for nothing, then you might have a career in Cruising.

What exactly do you mean 3 cruises on the same day? Thanks in advance.

At least 3 different cruise ships in port of Miami . Last year it was Celebrity Millie, Carnival Imagination, and Carnival Destiny when we were looking . I think there was an Royal Caribbean one too. Can't seem to get RC very cheap though.

Husband and I usually get a balcony cabin. I don't care what we get and I talked him into cheaper rooms so we can go on a sortof back to back. Sailing the Liberty 7 days in a 4j obstructed view for 589.00 each with a great itenery then gettin right on the Victory for 5 days in a porthole room for 319.00 each. The Liberty will be on the Lido deck and the Victory on deck 2. This is cheaper then the 8 day Miracle cruise we did two years in a roll balcony rooms. I loved the Miracle!!! Been on the Liberty before, really excited to do HMC pray for great weather in Feb!!!! We purchase cruise certificates so that will help also and any excutions through Carnival we used the promo code from advice on here!!

Just booked the miracle out of NYC on 11/22 four

people in a 7A obstructed balcony for 399/pp plus tax which makes it

about 500/pp total for an eight day cruise! I thought this was

a great rate! Did it through a PVP.

Yes it is ridiculous to fly out of northern Illinois. I use O'Hare when I fly but in many instances the cruise is cheaper than the airfare to get there. :eek: For our cruises in December we are looking at flying out Milwaukee

That is funny because flying out of Mpls is so expensive, we're considering driving to O'Hare.:D guess I should check Milwaukee! It's closer anyway.

Travel costs is indeed a pain. For us, we need to drive 5-6 hours to the airport in Minneapolis, THEN fly to Florida.

We usually try to get cruise and flight for 3 under 2000.00, and have been able to.

This year our cruise /7 days, with the taxes was about 1200.00 for us 3, BUT the flight was 620.00 for 3. We had a great flight deal but it was a strange flight to get that price...Up in Minneapolis, land in Chicago and wait, Up in Chicago, land in Kentucky or Tennessee...wait, then up from there and then Tampa.

So for us, and it has been pretty standard, that the flight, not counting the gas to the airport, costs about 1/2 as much as the cruise.

your incorrect

we arent talking price drops and early saver

We booked ES through TA and have always gotten price agjustments. No problem. Guess we had a good TA. But we have gone to a PVP for last cruise we booked for son and ours in December. Will use her again for 2013 and 2014.

That is funny because flying out of Mpls is so expensive, we're considering driving to O'Hare.:D guess I should check Milwaukee! It's closer anyway.

It definately doesn't hurt to shop different airports. We booked a Bahamas trip back in April and when I went to book flights I nearly croaked. We normally fly out of Little Rock or Memphis but their fares were $150+ higher than what they usually are. Plus they both had 7 hour layovers.:eek: I found a direct flight out of St. Louis $150@ cheaper. I can drive an extra hour to save $300.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
just did a quick look 9/2/12 carnival Freedom $339 per person (6 days)

show me cheaper than this

Can do better than that....and did. We booked 8 days on the Miracle Nov 30th $459 pp for a balcony cabin :eek:

Archived