St. Thomas & St. Marteen with 18 m/o on Oasis

sunset785

Has anyone been to St. Thomas or St. Marteen with a baby? We are traveling next summer and I'm looking at things to do while we are in port. Since we are on the Oasis, we will be docked at Havensight and it appears that there is not much to do at this port. Does anyone have any suggestions? How old do kids have to be to go on excursions? Any suggestions for St. Marteen would be great as well. We were hoping for a beach day at both places.

Has anyone been to St. Thomas or St. Marteen with a baby? We are traveling next summer and I'm looking at things to do while we are in port. Since we are on the Oasis, we will be docked at Havensight and it appears that there is not much to do at this port. Does anyone have any suggestions? How old do kids have to be to go on excursions? Any suggestions for St. Marteen would be great as well. We were hoping for a beach day at both places.

All we ever do in St Marteen is shop so if its a DD and not a DS im sure she will love the jewlery stores hehe

There are tram buses in St. Thomas that will take you to the beach...no excursion needed! Get a guidebook on your ports, for more ideas and tips on HOW to do things cheaply on your own. Excursions get expensive, especially for families. DIY is easy and cheaper!

Of course this isn't groundbreaking advice, but you could just grab an open-air bus and head to Magen's Bay while in St. Thomas. If you want to use your car seat, you could get a cab. Lots and lots of people head to this beach, and I think it's worth it! Very lovely spot.

On St. Maarten we did the Divi Little Bay beach excursion, or something with a similar title. Small buses took us to a beach, and we had the day at the resort. Very doable with little children. If you want to leave before the bus takes you back, then you would have to get a cab. I thought it was a wonderful day. But, we're beach people.

Just two ideas . . .

Archived