Bringing/Purchasing alcohol onboard

bocatraveler09

Don't get the wrong idea about me :D but, having just returned from a HAL cruise, where we could order wine and spirits by the bottle to have in our cabin, I wonder if such a thing is available on AMA or Avalon. Or can you bring your own aboard? We enjoy a cocktail in our cabin before dinner.

The only river cruise company's alcohol policy that I know is Grand Circle. You can bring beer, wine and liquor on board to consume in your cabin. On the ships that I have been on, there are ice machines in the public spaces, with ice buckets available. You can bring your own wine to the lounge, where you pay a corkage fee.

No issue with bringing your own beer/wine/alcohol aboard. If you wish to drink it in the dining room (not sure why you would want to, when most offer wine and beer with dinner) I believe they would charge you a corkage fee. Probably the same for the lounge, although there shouldn't be a problem with drinking it on the sun deck.

A few people have posted and suggested you bring your own opener - and yet others have said they have borrowed from the bar without a cost.

On our Paris/Normandy cruise, one couple bought a case of wine, and the staff helped them carry it in.

Fran

Archived