Alaska Cruise: Solarium Question

gw2fll

We will be sailing on Solstice to Alaska next May (our first Celebrity cruise, we are so excited) and had a few questions regarding the Solarium:

1. Is the pool in the Solarium heated?
  2. Are kids allowed in the area during Alaska cruises?

I know it will be chilly, but would still like to enjoy a dip in the pool every now and then, but if its not heated wonder how "enjoyable" a dip it will be. (Don't think I want to try the "Polar Bear Swim".)

Also, our understanding is that the Solarium is adults only. There is an active thread on the RCCL board that RCCL relaxes the adult only restriction on Alaska sailings to allow kids in during most of the day. I hope Celebrity maintains the adults only atmosphere, but not sure.

Since this is Solstice' first sailing in Alaska, it might be difficult to comment. Does anyone know how this is handled on the Millennium?

Thanks for the help and feedback.

When we were on the Millennium in '09 it was not, in general, open to children. It may have been open to families a few hours a day (maybe a few times a day). I think I remember signs to that affect but I'm not sure. We didn't take our kids in. A thalassotherapy pool is not a swimming pool and we didn't think they'd appreciate it.

It is heated and very, very nice. I snuck away to enjoy it all by myself one day :-)

Here's the wording from the Celebrity website:

During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool (if covered) to be used by persons under age sixteen (16) provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian. ** United States Public Health Department Policy (USPH) prohibits persons who are not toilet trained or use diapers, pull-ups or swimmers from using pools or whirlpools.

Hope this helps.

Archived