Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

I actually saw the information I posted in print. As I mentioned there will be a formal announcement coming out in the next few weeks.

I'm not doubting you or your sources. The only issue I have is that this was true at a certain point in time. Since that time,...who knows?

I was on a cruise recently and I saw an official list of ships and sailings where the December Celebration will be taking place. Most notably, MN and MJ were not on the list. This was prior to the announcement.:eek:

The next day, MJ and MN had been added to the list. Also prior to announcing.

I hope your report is correct!!:cool:

I hope this news is true. It means that all the people saying "I don't care about the food if I don't have to cook it our clean up" did not ruin it for those who also want decent food.

I always comment about specific food issues on the Guest Survey. Usually the desserts get a mention, and also specific nights where the food selection is especially poor. I am glad they take those comments seriously!

Adam Goldstein has posted on more than one occasion this year on his Blog that they are changing the menus later this year, with the new menus being tried out first on one ship. Also he mentioned how staff would have extra training with regards to allergen free items being included on the new menus.

I am a "trendsetter". ;)

My last cruise was on the Allure, in April. On the first night, I requested a large bowl of fresh berries for dessert. Emphasis on the LARGE.

Every night, another person said, oooooo, what's that?

By the end of the cruise, everyone at our table was ordering berries for dessert, and a couple of the tables around us had picked up on the trend.

You can thank me now.

Well, I've read all the post and since no one has thanked you, let me

Thanks

:D

They would not have announced anything in the Webinar that they are not ready to release information on. We will all have to be patient and get our information when Royal are ready to make any announcement on this or any other subject official.

Not ready to release info on:rolleyes:...it's supposed to roll out starting this Sun according to the OP.

I have never seen a MAINE lobster offered on a RCL cruise

and I haven't seen rack of lamb in years

Had it on our June 28th Enchantment cruise after we left Boston. It was on the alternate menu. Wished I would have taken a picture of it. It was offered in Chops as well as the MDR.

Not ready to release info on:rolleyes:...it's supposed to roll out starting this Sun according to the OP.

Are you familiar with the right hand/left hand thing? Nothing that they do, logical or not, should surprise us. However, I do think that their emphasis on the fact that the addition of Rita's Cantinas to their ships during the revitalization process, does bring into question the claim that they will replace Rita's Cantina with Margaritavilles.

Hopefully this means they'll be getting rid of "beef stroganoff night"-- That night on our Spring Mariner cruise, the only thing our waiter could recommend was the Chop's Steak :eek::eek:. If this is true, it will send us over the edge for Royal once and for all. Carnival's food really is better than Royal's at this point, but these new improvements seem like Royal may win on all fronts now (food, entertainment, and ship features/design).

That is ironic, I will give everyone a critique next week as I am sailing on the Freedom July 29th. I am sure that all will look forward to the new menu and I will be one of the first to enjoy the new selections in the MDR. I will try to give a daily update while on the Freedom next week as well as taking a few pictures for posting.

Best,

Smitty

Looking forward to your updates! We sail on Oasis on Sept. 22, so if this is true, we should get to experience the new menus fairly soon! --Katie

Are you familiar with the right hand/left hand thing? Nothing that they do, logical or not, should surprise us. However, I do think that their emphasis on the fact that the addition of Rita's Cantinas to their ships during the revitalization process, does bring into question the claim that they will replace Rita's Cantina with Margaritavilles.

How about adding Rita to the open area of Radiance...a ship that spends a season in Alaska...in the week I was on her in June I think I saw about 1 table a night dining there....Rita's...other than the party nights they do on Allure doesn't seem to be doing well at all....same for the Seafood Shack....dead venues...even Solarium Bistro....which I do actually like very much, struggles.

To me, simply stating that he or she won't reveal "sources", sounds a bit too cloak and dagger for a message board.

Oh well, my apologies if my comment made in haste truly ruffled feathers.

Having been in the cloak and dagger business I can understand why the OP wants to stay under the radar. We can all wait and see if the changes occur as stated. ;):D

Thanks to the OP for the information. I cruise on 8/12/12 and am excited for new menus. I am not picky and really do like the food, I am always up for new items! I remember the "old days" when RCI had rack of lamb! Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

The $14.95 Chops Steak will be removed since you will be able to get a filet mignon every night from the always available menu. In it's place will be the option to purchase a 1 1/4 lb steamed, Maine Lobster for $24.99

OP, can you explain what you mean a little bit more here? Are you referring to the steak in Chops Grille? If so, is it one of the two filets that won't be available? If so, which one? Sorry, a lot of questions and if you don't know answers, no biggie. I just booked Chops for our honeymoon in Oct. and I want to make sure I'll be able to get SOME kind of filet LOL.

The rest of this sounds amazing! Thanks for the inside scoop!

OP, can you explain what you mean a little bit more here? Are you referring to the steak in Chops Grille? If so, is it one of the two filets that won't be available? If so, which one? Sorry, a lot of questions and if you don't know answers, no biggie. I just booked Chops for our honeymoon in Oct. and I want to make sure I'll be able to get SOME kind of filet LOL.

The rest of this sounds amazing! Thanks for the inside scoop!

The OP is not talking about Chops, but the MDR. In the MDR, you have been able to pay a $14.95 premium and get a "Chops" Filet. This will in no way affect the menu at Chops.

The OP is not talking about Chops, but the MDR. In the MDR, you have been able to pay a $14.95 premium and get a "Chops" Filet. This will in no way affect the menu at Chops.

Thank you so much for clarifying that! And so quickly! As you can see, I don't cruise very often (was a poor college student, now a poor working person paying off student loans) and I probably have never paid attention to something I had to pay "extra" for. I appreciate the insight.

How about adding Rita to the open area of Radiance...a ship that spends a season in Alaska...in the week I was on her in June I think I saw about 1 table a night dining there....Rita's...other than the party nights they do on Allure doesn't seem to be doing well at all....same for the Seafood Shack....dead venues...even Solarium Bistro....which I do actually like very much, struggles.

I don't know how successful these dining venues actually are, but one has to wonder why, if Rita's is as poorly patronized as you and others have observed, they are still expanding them onto other ships in their fleet? Is there a disconnect between what we are seeing and what they are basing their plans on? It does seem that the Margaritaville rumors have died down considerably in recent weeks.

I would agree we never thought the MDR menu was "bad"'. As others stated it got routine to us who are repeat cruisers. Not saying they should change, but in any product they need to cycle things and this sounds like an excellent choice. Upgrading and keeping good items liked by all is great news.

Glad We don't have long to wait as we sail Allure after the noted start date. Hope this schedule is accurate to let us enjoy it.

Keep me informed tex

I don't know how successful these dining venues actually are, but one has to wonder why, if Rita's is as poorly patronized as you and others have observed, they are still expanding them onto other ships in their fleet? Is there a disconnect between what we are seeing and what they are basing their plans on? It does seem that the Margaritaville rumors have died down considerably in recent weeks.

I scratch my head on that one.

On the Margaritaville front....actually things are heating up a bit....in Falmouth they just opened a trendy South Beach style restaurant called SPICE...and guess who it is owned by;)....Margaritaville ...and they are or should be breaking ground any day now on a brand new Margaritaville at Falmouth....so Royal defiantly has a connection with them going....they even thre out the Scotchs booth there and now only SPICE sells jerk food with-in the port area. Also last I heard is that they are looking to start to open the port in the future to tourists on non-ship days....so we shall see what happens down the road.

Archived