A question for recent PH dwellers....

LaCroisiereS'amuse

Laphroaig and Talisker (was at the distillery on Skye in April) are two of my favourites, but the flavour of peat is a little too strong for some palates. Don't know the Quarter Cask but I'm sitting here holding a bottle of Lafrog 10 yewar old in mi rite handd while tiping with my other hand who is name I kant remember. Cheers :confused:

We never had a problem getting coffee sent to our room. For service during breakfast hours, I would suggest that you fill out the breakfast order form and place it in holder on door the nite before with your desires and time to be delivered. Always worked for us. Enjoy!

Laphroaig and Talisker (was at the distillery on Skye in April) are two of my favourites, but the flavour of peat is a little too strong for some palates. Don't know the Quarter Cask but I'm sitting here holding a bottle of Lafrog 10 yewar old in mi rite handd while tiping with my other hand who is name I kant remember. Cheers :confused:

Balloon Man you are a man who knows a good drink. I have only had ONE Talisker on QM2 in the Commodore Club but Laphroaig is an old friend. I found a fantastic selection of single malts in the Commodore Club and as I recall all in the $8 range.:p

Can any recent PH occupants answer a quick question for me??

I've just received the the new edition of "Your World" (UK version with £ pricing & on page 42 in the "Butler Services" panel it states that the "order in" facility from the speciality restaurants is only available to Owners/Vista/Oceania Suites' date=' yet in the Cruise Vacation Guide (blue folder with shore excursions etc), which I received 3 days ago it clearly states that I can "order in" from Polo & Toscana as part of Butler service. This is a facility we enjoyed on Marina last September in a PH & fully intended to do the same for a couple of nights on our forthcoming Regatta trip.

I hope this is a misprint & not a downgrade :eek: ......can anyone clarify??:)[/quote']

You can order in from any restaurant you like, and have it served course by course. We did this on a recent cruise, and invited another couple to join us.

Another day we picked up a number of cheeses, wine and a selection of baklava in port and invited our friends over for a sort of picnic thing. Our butler prepared everything and served it for us.

As an American I was a bit uneasy about having a butler, but I came around after a while. We're just not used to people doing things for us.

Here are some of the things we used our butler for, and some that he offered but we did not use:

• Unpack / steam / press your clothes
  • Shine your shoes
  • Make dining arrangements
  • Serve meals in suite, course by course
  • Have a cocktail chilled when we arrived from our shore excursion
  • Draw a bath for you
  • Fix / mend items
  • Send bottles of our wine to various restaraunts
  • Re-configure our mini-fridge to always have what we wanted in there, and nothing that we don't drink

I'd definitely opt for a butler on our next cruise, as well.

Remember that your butler also has at his disposal your room steward and the steward's assistant, too. So there are three people able to respond to whatever comes up.

I'm not sure if this is the case with other lines, but Oceania sends all their butlers to butler school in England to be trained and certified as butlers.

Archived