Stupid question about price drops

mommy22girls

I tried searching but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I noticed today there is a 72 hr sale on Carnivals website so I looked up my cruise and went through the booking and for my room (Ocean View) there is a price drop. I called Carnival because i wasn't sure how that all worked and he showed me how to get to the form but said it hadn't dropped for me. I guess because on the main page it said $529 but when you went all the way to booking and clicked on 72 hour sale price it was $419. I'm going on a cruise with my husband and 2 small children. THe kids rate was $209 but for my husband and I it was $499. Will it drop our price?? I'm confused on how it exactly works I guess.

I can help you but I need to know exactly what you are saying. :)

So when you click on the current sale prices - and you go the whole way through - is the price lower than what you paid?

If yes, then submit the form to Carnival. Did you do the Early Saver rate?

What did you pay for your 1st and 2nd person and what did you pay for the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin?

What is the current rate for each?

Yes basically the first and second person rate that we paid is $499 and its currently $419 the third and fourth person rate is $209 and that stayed the same. The only thing I guess I dont understand is when you enter the third and 4th person information the rate goes up on the new rate

. :confused:

I've noticed that before too. Sometimes if there are 2 pp in a cabin there is more flexibility in where the cruise can place you. Many of the older ships especially have fewer cabins that will accomodate 4pp and will charge more for those. It is possible that the price drop occured for OV cabins that would not apply to the category cabin that you are in. For example, lets say you booked a 6a OV. The sale price could be on 6D OV. So you wouldn't be entitled because you booked a higher category that wasn't on sale. Sometimes they won't give you the difference because final payment has been made. Different lines do it different ways. The only way to find out for sure is to ask your TA. If you booked with Carnival then you do have to call them. I'd ask specifically what Cat the sale applied to and tell them you are on the website and see price xyz. See what they say. Sometimes I have gotten price differences in the form of OBC or an upgrade, other times the line has said no.

Oh I see what is happening. Yes - it is applying to a higher quad category. You have to make sure it is apples to apples.

Well try this (if you are not through a TA). Send the price drop protection form in with the sale price and the place you saw it (carnival site) - the price you paid and the current sale price.

If you are on Early Saver - and you are CORRECT - they will refund the amount as OBC on your account (BONUS!)

If you are mistaken and the sale is in another category you will get a nice little email that says "Sorry we reviewed the information and we cannot lower the price due to x,y,z"

It takes 1 day to hear from them and at least you TRIED :D

Based on your countdown timer, you have not yet gotten to final payment so even if you are not booked under ES you should get a price drop (if it's valid.)

You should check a couple of times a day until the end of the sale (and the next one, and the next one...) If someone else who is in a quad in your category upgrades then the cabin will suddenly pop into inventory, which will allow you to do the price match. The current sale includes "best in class" upgrades for past guests, so it's quite possible that someone will upgrade if they are paying attention.

Another alternative is to take advantage of the general price drop and upgrade. It's tough to know without details, but if you can move up several categories/decks for $60 you may find that to be worthwhile.

However, you can always upgrade as long as a cabin is available and the credit card goes though. :D

Archived