Steak House

Patty421

Has anyone gone to the steak house without prebooking a reservation? We def want to go to the steak house but wanted to do it on a night where we didn't really like the menu in the dinning room. Do you think its possible to get a reservation the same day or do they book up?

I have yet to make a reservation before boarding the ship. After we board, I do decided when we want to go and book a few day's early. Choose the night that works best for you and Enjoy!! Your in for a treat, my mouth is watering now :)

He is talking about booking the same day...Some days I go by the dining room and don't like the menu but usually eat in the buffet...I would think that you could book in the afternoon but I've never done that....It's not usually completly full..........Dennis

Just got off the Freedom and I can tell you, we ate in the steakhouse three times over our B2B cruise. They take reservations to manage their numbers of customers and service level, meaning, just because there are 25 tables in the restaurant does not mean they will have 25 tables full at one time. We found that the later we waited to make reservations, the later we were given a time to come. We had one reservation that was at 8:30 pm. The only one left.

We always enjoy going the first night of the cruise (free bottle of wine and it is a great way to relax after an exciting day!) and we enjoy going again, if possible mid-cruise. We met one couple who went every night!

I wouldn't wait too long to make reservations... you might not be able to get in. And more than likely, if there is an opening, it will be at a time you might not want to eat. That said, we always wait until we are onboard to make all reservations.

He is talking about booking the same day...Some days I go by the dining room and don't like the menu but usually eat in the buffet...I would think that you could book in the afternoon but I've never done that....It's not usually completly full..........Dennis

Apparently the early reservations fill up and than the later times are usually rather empty.

Thanks guys. We have the late seating anyway so eating late doesn't bother me. I've actually got a copy of their current menu but it doesn't have days listed so I don't know what night appiles to which menu. We are going on The Splendor in Sept.

Has anyone gone to the steak house without prebooking a reservation? We def want to go to the steak house but wanted to do it on a night where we didn't really like the menu in the dinning room. Do you think its possible to get a reservation the same day or do they book up?

We did not pre-book on our first CCL cruise and decided last minute to go to the Steakhouse the night we left Jamaica. It worked out great! Form my experience they always seem to have some availability!:)

Thanks guys. We have the late seating anyway so eating late doesn't bother me. I've actually got a copy of their current menu but it doesn't have days listed so I don't know what night appiles to which menu. We are going on The Splendor in Sept.

You can always go by the dining room and look at that nights menu but not sure when the post these..Maybe someone else could tell you that..Dennis

We have found that there are certain nights when we don't like the food. Somehow, I guess we aren't the only ones for those nights, so the Steakhouse gets more business. When you board the ship, if you really want to eat in the Steakhouse, ask to see the menus for the week. Don't let them tell you they don't have them because they do.

You can look at the menu and make your decision then. On a 7 day cruise sailing on Dream, Miracle and Glory, we have found the menus to be the same nightly on each ship. We don't like day 3 and day 4, so in addition to the first night we book one of those two nights.

GOLFADJ,

The way the Steakhouse is set up, as mentioned previously, makes for a lot of empty tables at one time. They wouldn't be able to handle all tables being full at one time as the service level would be back to that in the MDR. One of the selling points of the Steakhouse is that service is far better than the MDR. So, seeing a lot of empty tables is the norm and how things are scheduled.

More families go at the early time, and later are people wanting a relaxing dinner without kids and being able to enjoy the ambiance. When we go either at 7PM or 8:30, we see about the same number of people. Perhaps it depends on the ship and the sailing, but that's been our experience.

I love going to the Steakhouse and it's part of my must do on every cruise.

When you board the ship, if you really want to eat in the Steakhouse, ask to see the menus for the week. Don't let them tell you they don't have them because they do.

You can look at the menu and make your decision then.

Could you clarify where do you ask to see the menu for the week?

Thanks!

We have found that there are certain nights when we don't like the food. Somehow, I guess we aren't the only ones for those nights, so the Steakhouse gets more business. When you board the ship, if you really want to eat in the Steakhouse, ask to see the menus for the week. Don't let them tell you they don't have them because they do.

You can look at the menu and make your decision then. On a 7 day cruise sailing on Dream, Miracle and Glory, we have found the menus to be the same nightly on each ship. We don't like day 3 and day 4, so in addition to the first night we book one of those two nights.

GOLFADJ,

The way the Steakhouse is set up, as mentioned previously, makes for a lot of empty tables at one time. They wouldn't be able to handle all tables being full at one time as the service level would be back to that in the MDR. One of the selling points of the Steakhouse is that service is far better than the MDR. So, seeing a lot of empty tables is the norm and how things are scheduled.

More families go at the early time, and later are people wanting a relaxing dinner without kids and being able to enjoy the ambiance. When we go either at 7PM or 8:30, we see about the same number of people. Perhaps it depends on the ship and the sailing, but that's been our experience.

I love going to the Steakhouse and it's part of my must do on every cruise.

so me and my ds whos under a year old should book early i take it

Archived