Confused about Beverage Pkgs

Jane2357

Here is a link to 2010 bar menu's on another poster's photo site with higher prices on many items than those listed above. I doubt prices have gone down since 2010:

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Bar-Menus/12454637_sZk2zn#!i=892281619&k=QqYdb

EDIT:

Whoops - found another menu from earlier this year which did reflect the prices above: http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf see page 8

You may want to find out what sort of beverage card has been gifted, it may not be the Premium or classic alcohol package (would surpise me if it was) and may only be a soda package. I suppose you could always upgrade the package on board.:D

I have also noticed that you can buy some gift cards prior to sailing one of which is for the bars so it may even be one of these that the TA has given you - they seem to be in multiples of $25 (that is on the Australian site). I think it would be worth checking out with your TA prior to sailing so you dont get your hopes up too high.

I have also noticed that you can buy some gift cards prior to sailing one of which is for the bars so it may even be one of these that the TA has given you - they seem to be in multiples of $25 (that is on the Australian site). I think it would be worth checking out with your TA prior to sailing so you dont get your hopes up too high.

I do not believe there is such a thing as a beverage gift card. I believe what you are seeing is the pre-purchase of an on board credit. This is a general credit that goes on your ship board account and will offset that amount($25 in your example) of charges against your on board account. Really the same thing but just a minor difference in how it works as there is no card to present to anyone on board when purchasing anything other than your regular seapass/keycard.

Archived