Confused about Beverage Pkgs

Jane2357

And yes I did a search but still couldn't find the answer to my question.

The Classis package lists beers up to $5 and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks and wines up to $8.

The Premium package lists beers, spirits, cocktails and wines up to $12. - what about the frozen drinks? They aren't listed, is that a mistake or what would be the reason on the more expensive package they aren't listed.

Just trying to figure it all out.

And yes I did a search but still couldn't find the answer to my question.

The Classis package lists beers up to $5 and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks and wines up to $8.

The Premium package lists beers, spirits, cocktails and wines up to $12. - what about the frozen drinks? They aren't listed, is that a mistake or what would be the reason on the more expensive package they aren't listed.

Just trying to figure it all out.

Greetings

With the premium package you can have any drink up to $12. That includes frozen drinks. If your drink is over $12, you simply pay the difference with the premium package.

Good Sailing

Tom

Also, keep in mind that you get everything in the other three packages, non alcoholic classic, non alcoholic premium, and classic alcohol plus anything else up to $12.

Also, keep in mind that you get everything in the other three packages, non alcoholic classic, non alcoholic premium, and classic alcohol plus anything else up to $12.

Agreed, someone please correct me if I am wrong but the frozen drinks were under $8.00 (2011). Classic package should cover them.:D

We did the Premium package last April and it covered everything up to $12. It's great now that it covers drinks above if you pay the difference. We thought it was such a great deal. I probably came close to breaking even and my DH definitely made use of it. If you drink, I highly recommend the package.

We did the Premium package last April and it covered everything up to $12. It's great now that it covers drinks above if you pay the difference. We thought it was such a great deal. I probably came close to breaking even and my DH definitely made use of it. If you drink, I highly recommend the package.

I can (hic) second that (hic).:o

Does anyone know if there is any benifit to buying the package online before sailing. I just went into mine cruise and it added 15%. Is this the same ordering while onboard?

Yes, the 15% will be added to any drink or drink package no matter what or when you order it. The advantage of pre-ordering is that it will be on your card and you can use it straight away rather than waiting until you order it.:D

Further, X has had some pre-cruise sales of drink packages. Watch for one and buy then. And since you can cancel the package, if there is a sale it is easy to take advantage of the sale price.

The only benefit that I've found about buying ahead of time, other than the discount if you buy while they are offering them, is that they charge your credit card right away and by time you are on the cruise, you've forgotten or at least have gotten over the pain of the cost. And that's something I really like.

But if you have a lot of OBC's available, you can use the credit if purchased on board, but not if purchased ahead of time.

Yes, the 15% will be added to any drink or drink package no matter what or when you order it. The advantage of pre-ordering is that it will be on your card and you can use it straight away rather than waiting until you order it.:D

Further, X has had some pre-cruise sales of drink packages. Watch for one and buy then. And since you can cancel the package, if there is a sale it is easy to take advantage of the sale price.

The only benefit that I've found about buying ahead of time, other than the discount if you buy while they are offering them, is that they charge your credit card right away and by time you are on the cruise, you've forgotten or at least have gotten over the pain of the cost. And that's something I really like.

But if you have a lot of OBC's available, you can use the credit if purchased on board, but not if purchased ahead of time.

thank-you so much, everyone, for your advice.......... my last drink package on was on Rhapsody of the Seas and the cost was placed on my onboard credit rather then pre-paid. Is this the case for Celebrity?? Cant wait for my March cruise on the Solstice:)

thank-you so much, everyone, for your advice.......... my last drink package on was on Rhapsody of the Seas and the cost was placed on my onboard credit rather then pre-paid. Is this the case for Celebrity?? Cant wait for my March cruise on the Solstice:)

If you purchase the package in advance you will have to pay now with a credit card. If you purchase onboard, it will go on your onboard account.

Have fun!

Mike

Agreed, someone please correct me if I am wrong but the frozen drinks were under $8.00 (2011). Classic package should cover them.:D

My SIL was sucking them down and they seemed to be under 8 so The classic will cover it. Kian on the Millennium's aft bar runs a mean blender ; -)

Does anyone know if there is any benifit to buying the package online before sailing. I just went into mine cruise and it added 15%. Is this the same ordering while onboard?

An advantage of waiting until you are on board, especially if this is your first Celebrity cruise, is that you can wait a day or two to have time to check out the actual prices and selection of items on board and your own consumption patterns. Then, if you feel the beverage package would be right for you, you can buy the package on board for the remainder of the cruise at a pro-rated price.

How does the drink package work? On HAL, our TA has gifted us a Beverage Card; is it somewhat the same? We're allowed to bring on unlimited wine on HAL so that's usually what I stick with with an occasional mixed drink at the pool.

How does the drink package work? On HAL, our TA has gifted us a Beverage Card; is it somewhat the same? We're allowed to bring on unlimited wine on HAL so that's usually what I stick with with an occasional mixed drink at the pool.

You are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board a Celebrity ship. You have to pay the corkage fee if you drink it in a public place like the dining room. That's the same as HAL.

On X, there is no limit to the number of drinks that you can consume. However they are purchased one at a time. Wine is not by the bottle, but rather by the glass, so that limits the wine selection. Drinks from the Minibar, drinks from room service, wine from the Enomatic Dispenser in Cellars Masters, some specialty drinks in Qsine, Wine Tastings and Bottled Wine, and the "Martini Flight" are NOT included. The "Classic Package" limits drinks to $8 ($5 for beer) and if you want something that is more expensive, the full amount of the drink is charged to your account. The "Premium Package" limits drinks to $12 and if you want something that is more expensive, only the difference between $12 and the cost is charged.

You just show your shipboard account card to the bar tender and he'll swipe it. That's all there is to it.

You may want to find out what sort of beverage card has been gifted, it may not be the Premium or classic alcohol package (would surpise me if it was) and may only be a soda package. I suppose you could always upgrade the package on board.:D

HI Everyone:

Just one more question on the classic versus the premium packages(alcohol based).

On the Celebrity web site it shows all of the "premium" scotches, but most are priced at $8, so can I assume that the "classic" would cover these brands because they are at $8?? I can't drink the low end scotch as it gives me a headache(lol)!

Thanks in advance.

HI Everyone:

Just one more question on the classic versus the premium packages(alcohol based).

On the Celebrity web site it shows all of the "premium" scotches, but most are priced at $8, so can I assume that the "classic" would cover these brands because they are at $8?? I can't drink the low end scotch as it gives me a headache(lol)!

Thanks in advance.

All scotch gives me a headache when I drink enough of it.

I saw a number of blended scotches at $8 a glass on board, but the really high end blended scotches, like Johnny Walker Blue was not on that list. Dewers, Cutty Sark, and Johnny Walker Red were $8 or less, and yes it was on the classic package. But I don't remember seeing any single malt scotches at $8 or less.

All scotch gives me a headache when I drink enough of it.

I saw a number of blended scotches at $8 a glass on board, but the really high end blended scotches, like Johnny Walker Blue was not on that list. Dewers, Cutty Sark, and Johnny Walker Red were $8 or less, and yes it was on the classic package. But I don't remember seeing any single malt scotches at $8 or less.

The following is the list that was posted in February:

Artisanal Spirits

Scotch

Dalwhinnie 15 year old,

Central Highland, Speyside 8.50

Highland Park, 12 year old, Orkneys 8.

Macallan, Whisky Makers Edition,

Fine Oak Cask, Islay 14

Laphroaig 10 year old, Islay 8

Chivas Regal 12 year old 8

Royal Salute 12 year old 18

Johnnie Walker Black 8

Whisky

Suntory “Yamazaki” 18 year old, Japan 15

Cognac

Courvoisier VSOP 8

Courvoisier XO 14

Hardy Perfection Daum Crystal Decanter 450

Hardy Rosebud Family Reserve 150

Hine Triomphe 45

Hennessy Richard 145

Louis XIII 127

TEQUILA

Patrón Reposado 10

Herradura Selection Suprema

Extra Añejo 44

Don Julio Blanco 8

Gran Centenario Reposado 8

Gran Centenario Añejo 12

BOURBON

Knob Creek 8

Maker’s Mark 7

Woodford Reserve,

Distiller’s Select 8.

Rum

Appleton Estate 21 year old, Jamaica 14

Flor de Caña - Centenario Gold

18 year old, Nicaragua 8

Ron Zacapa Solera Grand Reserve

23 year old, Guatemala 8

I normally drink JWBlack which is listed at $8, so I would be content with the classic if some one can confirm this list is still acurate.

Archived