I wonder about common sense at Carnival

westcruzer

We booked past guest for our upcoming cruise. On the day our final payment was due, DH found that the rate for our room was $100 less than we had paid. Since it was before midnight he called customer service and asked for a credit. They lowered our price and he asked them to just make the extra $100 an OBC. They told him they could not do that and they were refunding it to our card. The next day it still was not showing as pending on our card, so he called our PVP. The PVP checked and they still had our money sitting there, so he applied it as an OBC.

***CLAPS***

Someone actually READ what I wrote.

I love how so many people only skim a post and then post someone so completely incorrect to the situation.

mondello - I am FULLY AWARE of the ES rules which is why I knew I could transfer the $200 of the $250 deposit to a future cruise since I paid for it on MY credit card.

Firefly - You can look at it this way.....I paid in full for my cruise that is in Sept 2013. Technically they could look at it as refunding $200 of the paid in full status and applying the $200 FCC. I highly doubt they went through that much thought. I'm fine with the refund and I will just buy the $200 OBC but why could they not have just done that for me without having to credit my card and recharging it?

I actually did read the post, and reread it many times. OP talks about a particular cruise situation and starts talking about the future cruise, I don't think it was very clear there that he already had booked the future cruise. I found it almost as confusing as CCLs e-mail. Thankfully OP isn't out any money and hope both cruises are great!

Hello people!:) I just had a simliar confusing incident with Carnival. My cruise is paid in full, and before final payment. There was a price drop worth $40. Carnival refused to issue OBC, which is what I thought was standard procedure (always had been in the past with me anyways). Instead, they issued a credit back to the card which was used for the initial deposit. OBC would have been fine with me.

common sense is lacking at banks these days as well.....the bank everyone loves for foreign travel.......just pray your atm card is not scammed and you will be fine..if it is..be prepared ....even when you report the scam while it is still pending...they will let it through...deny your fraud claim..and tell you it was a valid transaction....even if it were being done in a city 400 miles away from where you were at the time...

dont say get another bank..that i will be doing.....but just sayin' watch out...

Archived