Priceline - Vancouver

obxlover

I also got the Marriott Pinnacle for our September cruise, but I had bid back in November for $50 first time, and it was accepted. Who knows if yours would have been accepted lower now or not. You still got a good price.

Cindy

Actually obxlover, I think you did great. If you overbid at all it was probably only by a buck or two judging by the prices people are posting for wins in June on other boards right now. Cindy's rate is amazing but September is out of high season so it makes sense that the rates would definitely be lower.

Two nights ago I got the same hotel for my inlaws for 6/9-11 on Priceline. I had been bidding Downtown Vancouver plus the three free rebid zones every 72 hours for the past couple of weeks. I started at $60 then $65 then $70 then $72 - all rejected. Waited three days, tried $72, then $74, $76 and then $80 - again all rejected. Waited 72 hours then tried $78, $81 and was accepted at $84. If we had been willing to wait the prices may have come down a bit since things can change all the time with Priceline, but they could also have gone up so it's a crap shoot.

The best price I could find at all the on line sites for our dates was $229 Cdn per night (with taxes -very near $500 Cdn) and the total on Priceline with taxes in was $195.16 Us or at maximum about $270 Cdn. It's a great deal and my inlaws are very happy. The hotel looks excellent.

Your $75 looks great to me...I have been bidding on and off for about 3 wks for Jun 30- Jul 2 and have been turned down as high as $87. I need 3 rooms for 2 nights and don't want to spend a fortune to stay downtown. I would be really happy to get your $75 rate...I'll try again in a few days.

I also finally got the Marriott at $75 for 6/24/05. I had tried for weeks begining in the $60 range and had even gone to $80 to be rejected. Last week, I tried again but lowered my price to $75 and it was finally accepted.

Archived