Choice of cabin V guarantee

chirpy007

Hi l selected a balcony cabin and it came up as a guarantee (no specific cabin choice left at that price l assume). If l move up to the next level there are approximatley 6 cabins left. Both price brackets are on the same deck, if there are no cabins left an ldl choose the guarantee how are they likey to assign my cabin.

Thanks

Hi l selected a balcony cabin and it came up as a guarantee (no specific cabin choice left at that price l assume). If l move up to the next level there are approximatley 6 cabins left. Both price brackets are on the same deck, if there are no cabins left an ldl choose the guarantee how are they likey to assign my cabin.

Thanks

The lowest priced catagory is usually listed as a guarantee. That doesn't mean you won't be assigned a cabin in that catagory, but likely not. You can always buy a guarantee and take your chances, or choose your own at time of booking. Sometimes I like to play "russian roulette"; other times not. Are you a gambler? ;)

The lowest priced catagory is usually listed as a guarantee. That doesn't mean you won't be assigned a cabin in that catagory, but likely not. You can always buy a guarantee and take your chances, or choose your own at time of booking. Sometimes I like to play "russian roulette"; other times not. Are you a gambler? ;)

Might chance it :D

If the category you selected is only GTY, then go ahead and book it that way.

You may get a cabin in that category. If not, you will get one in a higher category without spending the extra $$$.

am booked on Golden to Hawaii...booked a BF guaranty, got upgrade to a BA balcony on Caribe deck. if I had booked the Caribe in the first place would have cost $500 per person more. This is my 7th Princess, always book balcony guaranty, have never been assigned the lowest category...but it can happen....so be sure you would be satisfied with the lowest priced cabin.

Thanks

Might chance it :D

The chance or possibility for an upgrade is very good.

We've booked 11 guaranties under similar cabin availability in that none were offered for selection in category booked and we got upgraded every time. Worst upgrade was two category higher in same class of inside cabins. Best upgrades was from lowest inside to mid class balcony, lowest inside to top category of OV and lowest obstructed OV to top catgory balcony.

am booked on Golden to Hawaii...booked a BF guaranty, got upgrade to a BA balcony on Caribe deck. This is my 7th Princess, always book balcony guaranty, have never been assigned the lowest category...but it can happen....so be sure you would be satisfied with the lowest priced cabin.

With the current method of categories, there are only 4 BF cabins, so a GTY has a great chance of an upgrade.

With the new method being used next May, the Golden will have 88 BF cabins (the lowest cagegory of balcony cabins), so a GTY has a greater chance of ending up in the BF category if that is the GTY category booked.

Archived