Cruising for the first time for my 21ST Birthday!

Tinkerbell1030

Hey everyone!

I am cruising for the first time for my 21st birthday with my fiancé and parents! I can't wait to cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas on Nov 1st - 10th to the Eastern caribbean! Do any of you have any tips on cruising or land excursions for this cruise!?! Our ports are Labadee, Haiti; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Samana, Dominican Republic and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Labadee is a private island so you can spend a great day just relaxing at the beach. There will be lunch buffet provided for you and you may have available (for a price) assorted other activities like parasailing. St. Thomas has fantastic beaches and great shopping so you'll have to decide for yourself. In San Juan, you might enjoy the Bacardi tour. It's easy to do on your own by taking the ferry across to the other side of the bay then taking a cab. Also in San Juan are the forts and simply wandering around Old San Juan - it's like being in a European town.

Check out the "Ports of Call" section here on Cruise Critic to get specifics.

Have a great time!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

How wonderful to celebrate your 21st birthday on your first cruise.

As for the Bicardi Rum factory tour -- we did that one a couple of years ago. Save your money. They give you a machine where you follow the numbers and listen to a description of everything. You do not actually see any of the machines or brewing or anything live. At the end they give you a sample of a rum drink.

As for the Gluten free offerings -- contact RCI and they will send you a copy of what they have.

Archived