Oasis July 21 review in photos

Thanks for all the great photos!! As others have said, this is one of the best phot reviews I have seen on CC!! We board the Oasis in just over 2 weeks and thanks to your photos, we are even more excited now!! Appreciate the effort as I know how time consuming these reviews can be!!

On the next to last evening, I decided to order the Chops Filet Mignon from the specialty menu at dinner. I ordered it medium rare and I must say, it was probably the best filet I've ever had, even rivaling the best steak I've ever had (Saltgrass Steakhouse in Houston, TX).

259.jpg

260.jpg

my husband and i sailed on the Oasis Sept 2011 and are going again Sept 15 2012...have cruised many times but nothing compares to this one..it was by far the best vacation we have taKEN IN 25 YEARS... your photos are simply the best and have made me beyond excited for my upcoming sailing! I read these boards all the time but just joined so i could thank you for all these awesome photos:)

Great photos, thank you.

Can I be so bold as to ask you how you found mobility on this ship? We are cruising the same cruise next year and my daughter uses a wheelchair too. I would also be interested in what you did in Cozumel?

Thanks so much and please if this is too personal just say so.

Leanne

@musicorn - Sure thing. General mobility on the ship was fantastic. In fact, there was only one area I know of on the entire ship that I wasn't able to get to using the power chair - deck 14 in front of the kids zone, overlooking the helipad. There were 2-3 stairs that I was able to conquer with the power chair but the doorway to get outside had a huge step, probably a foot or greater in height. Otherwise, everything was extremely accessible.

In Cozumel, we did the Wild Tours dune buggy excursion to Jave Caverns. I brought along a manual chair for this trip as there wouldn't have been a way to transport the power chair around Cozumel. It's probably not recommended for most with disabilities as it was pretty hardcore but I loved it. They said I was the first person in a wheelchair to do the excursion (and our tour guide had been there for five years). As for Wild Tours, they were fantastic. We went out on our own with a tour guide and he even helped us navigate the bumpy terrain in the chair when needed. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

everyone else has said it already, but simply stunning pictures. best i have seen of oasis/allure. period.

WAY better than the propaganda stuff that RCCL has. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

we will be on the allure next may and I am just now getting around to downloading a few to use as desktop backgrounds as i count down the days until we leave!

my husband and i sailed on the Oasis Sept 2011 and are going again Sept 15 2012...have cruised many times but nothing compares to this one..it was by far the best vacation we have taKEN IN 25 YEARS... your photos are simply the best and have made me beyond excited for my upcoming sailing! I read these boards all the time but just joined so i could thank you for all these awesome photos:)

We were also on Oasis last week in Sept 2011 and immediately came home and booked for Sept 15, 2012!!!! Same cabin! So excited to get on her again! Best vacation EVER!!!!

@ playafly187, your pictures are AMAZING!!!! you're a very talented person. That said I want to buy this camera, lol. I saw a kit on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-GX1K-Compact-System-14-42mm/dp/B00604YSNK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

you my problem in the past was that I noticed that the stock lens kit in dslr are not as good as the ones you buy separately. I know that buying this camera won't make me a photographer as good as you, but at least I will be a step closer, lol.

My question? what do you know of that lens, any good? If not, what do you recommend me as a single lens, I don't have much money to spend in more than 1 lens, RCI took all of my saving, lol. But I want decent kit.

Also one more thing, did you notice big fluctuation in the prices of the drinks from bar to bar. I tend to over drink and I dont want to go over my budget.

Thanks in advance for your help. its truly appreciate.

@gambee - When I buy a camera, I always get just the body and skip on the kit lens. There are far better lenses available than what comes in a stock kit. If you were getting the GX1, I'd recommend the 20mm f/1.7 prime lens. It doesn't zoom but it's very good in low light and just all around a fantastic (and small) lens. It's kind of expensive but well worth it if you are serious about your photos. In my opinion, the lens is more important than the camera nine times out of 10.

As for the bar question, I only had one alcoholic drink the entire trip but from what I saw of menus, everything seemed to be priced the same regardless of where you order from.

@gambee - When I buy a camera, I always get just the body and skip on the kit lens. There are far better lenses available than what comes in a stock kit. If you were getting the GX1, I'd recommend the 20mm f/1.7 prime lens. It doesn't zoom but it's very good in low light and just all around a fantastic (and small) lens. It's kind of expensive but well worth it if you are serious about your photos. In my opinion, the lens is more important than the camera nine times out of 10.

As for the bar question, I only had one alcoholic drink the entire trip but from what I saw of menus, everything seemed to be priced the same regardless of where you order from.

thanks for the answer. I will look into it.

Gorgeous photos. I'm a lurker from the Princess board and was absolutely floored by the beauty of the ship. So many different venues...there's something for everyone. Sailed on the Vision of the Seas years ago. I think it is time to look into booking the Oasis in the near future. Thanks for sharing!