NCL Dawn to Bermuda FAMILY CRUISE VIDEO

Chesneygirl

Very nice. I'm glad I got to see the Fort from the ship! You always do a wonderful job on you videos. Thank You for sharing.

Thank you for watching!!:)

After a few sail away drinks, I was way too busy being chatty and wasn't paying enough attention to what I was shooting. I almost missed the fort all together, what you see is all the footage I got. :p

I also wish that I would of gotten more Bermuda footage during our 3 day stay. The island is VERY beautiful!! We unfortunately had a A LOT of rain during our stay. Leave it to us to pick the rainiest week to go. Despite all the rain it was still a good cruise and we got to spend some quality family time together.

We are considering going back next summer. We just need to decide if it will be from NYC on the new NCL Breakaway or back on the Dawn from Boston.:)

Thanks Tim!

Most of the video was shot with my Canon T3i using primarily my Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 lens. I also used a Canon zoom lens for some of the shots like the jet ski footage. The evening scenes were all taken with the Tokina lens. It was definitely my preferred lens for this trip. It worked awesome in low light situations.

The curved footage was from my GoPro camera. I have to say I had very high hopes for that camera and but was left feeling a bit underwhelmed with the results. Its not the newer version so maybe that's why.

Thanks Tim!

Most of the video was shot with my Canon T3i using primarily my Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 lens. I also used a Canon zoom lens for some of the shots like the jet ski footage. The evening scenes were all taken with the Tokina lens. It was definitely my preferred lens for this trip. It worked awesome in low light situations.

The curved footage was from my GoPro camera. I have to say I had very high hopes for that camera and but was left feeling a bit underwhelmed with the results. Its not the newer version so maybe that's why.

I used a Contour ROAM, similar to the Go Pro, on my trip to Alaska. The wide angle of the lens got curvey edges for me. These helmet mounted cameras are nice, but they have their limits. Ideal for taking certain video footage, not so good for others. Did anyone take the GoPro when your family was on the jetskis??

I used a Contour ROAM, similar to the Go Pro, on my trip to Alaska. The wide angle of the lens got curvey edges for me. These helmet mounted cameras are nice, but they have their limits. Ideal for taking certain video footage, not so good for others. Did anyone take the GoPro when your family was on the jetskis??

I totally agree..these little cameras are ideal for some things but not everything. It didn't have a LCD screen on it which was very inconvenient especially for reviewing footage in the moment. I was also the only that understood the settings on it because of studying the manual and practicing with it ahead of time. Because of these factors there was actually a lot of lost opportunities. Perfect example: My son thought he was taping the Bermuda coastline from our mopeds when in fact he had it on the wrong setting the whole time. By the time I went to upload the data it was too late to do anything about it.

They did not bring the GoPro with them on the jet skis and definitely regretted that decision. They said the whole experience was awesome and the GoPro would of been perfect for that excursion. They just didn't feel comfortable enough with the settings even after I tried showing them what to do.

I'm definitely the camera person our family. :)

Does your Contour have the LCD screen on it?

Archived