Venice - Airport to Ship Questions

suzski

First off, I've been to Venice before. However, I've got a question regarding getting from the airport to the ship for boarding. My husband and I (both in decent shape) will be arriving and boarding the same day (the ship overnights in Venice). With that said

Has anyone done a DIY to their ship? I was looking at taking an ATVO Venezia Express to Piazzale Roma (5.50€ pp) and then taking the People Mover(1€ pp) to the cruise terminal. Obviously this is the least expensive route so that is a "pro", but I'm interested to see if anyone else has tried this route and can offer any lessons learned...

Thanks in advance!

Suzan

There are no "lessons" to learn. That way is straightforward, easy and cheap. The distance from the People mover to the Ship check in is dependent where your ship is docked but, it is not a route march and unless it is raining, it is easily done.

Thanks to both of you! Looks like that's the route we're taking - just wanted to confirm that it wasn't a problem with luggage. I've got so many more things I rather spend my money on than needless expensive transportation costs!:)

As for check-in at the port. All the luggage gets checked in at one building in the terminal- where the People Mover lets off. So you will have a fairly long walk to the ship after check-in regardless- so make sure your carryons have wheels or check them in too. it isn't like other ports where you take a ramp from the check-in terminal to the ship. You check in and then walk to the ship (although there may be courtesy shuttles along the pier) but don't count on it.

First off, I've been to Venice before. However, I've got a question regarding getting from the airport to the ship for boarding. My husband and I (both in decent shape) will be arriving and boarding the same day (the ship overnights in Venice). With that said

Has anyone done a DIY to their ship? I was looking at taking an ATVO Venezia Express to Piazzale Roma (5.50€ pp) and then taking the People Mover(1€ pp) to the cruise terminal. Obviously this is the least expensive route so that is a "pro", but I'm interested to see if anyone else has tried this route and can offer any lessons learned...

Thanks in advance!

Suzan

We took taxi to piazzle roma as that was where our hotel was. Next morning we took people mover (which was rightnext to hotel) to the port, we then walked to our ship although our cruiseline laid onashuttle bus next to thepeoplemover. No real hassle or stress.

gilly

Archived