New CC meet and greet

golfadj

Thanks everyone for the info & thanks Stu for the question. We are just organizing an informal M&G. But sounds like I need to contact group services. I have no clue who our CD is, I wouldn't know how to contact them.

CapeCodCruiser: would you email me with the info of how to contact group services. Is that on the CCL site? Thanks in advance annettemp57@yahoo.com please put "M&G" in subject so I"ll know it's not junk mail. Thanks I think we are just going to do open bar/individual pay type thing

Group Services is how you get the space reserved and they make sure the bar is staffed - be it a prepaid cocktail party with open bar OR a M&G with just bar service where everyone just puts drinks on their S&S.

Once you have your M&G scheduled you then contact the CD on YOUR ship, not JH (unless he is the CD on your ship) to request the Champagne & SOAS's for your M&G and to invite the CD to stop by if you want.

JH made all of the CD's fleet wide aware of the program to provide these things to CC M&G's.

Hope this helps clarify things Stu.

Meet and greet will be in the morning so bar service not needed but will do it this way. Thanks for info.

Thanks everyone for the info & thanks Stu for the question. We are just organizing an informal M&G. But sounds like I need to contact group services. I have no clue who our CD is, I wouldn't know how to contact them.

CapeCodCruiser: would you email me with the info of how to contact group services. Is that on the CCL site? Thanks in advance annettemp57@yahoo.com please put "M&G" in subject so I"ll know it's not junk mail. Thanks I think we are just going to do open bar/individual pay type thing

How do you contact the ships CD?

I will have everyone get a wrist band to come into the room. Can we please keep this to a non cocktail party meet and greet though.

Stu: And I thought you were the CC guru with 18k+ posts!!! There goes my faith in you being our Cruise-kipedia. :D

I discussed this one in a recent post about the two types of events -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34666947#post34666947

Wrist bands will only be needed for a cocktail party (because you need to be able to see which people paid, and which people just walked in the door to drink on your S&S account [if you are the organizer who has the S&S account listed with CCL to pay]).

If doing a general M&G, then no wrist bands will be needed - because in order to get a drink each person will need to hand over their S&S card to a waiter.

With our M&G in April it was in the main atrium bar area so all could come (including families with children), and we had sticky-labels for people to write their CC & regular names, and we did have a few give-aways that a few of the organizers brought along to give out in a raffle (pins etc.).

Oh, and take note of my last paragraph - they could arrange a spot for your M&G, and then ALSO list in the FT another day-time for a CC M&G ...

I will have everyone get a wrist band to come into the room.

Can we please keep this to a non cocktail party meet and greet though.

There is a non Alcoholic Bar option that is priced like this. 1 hr $5, 1.5 hrs $7.50,2 hrs $8.50,2.5 hrs $10.25,3hrs $12 the prices are per person and include grats and dry snacks.. Sodas,Iced tea, Fruit Punch, Juices and Virgin drinks are all included in the price.. there also is just a fountain pop party drinks are by the glass and comes with dry snakcs 1 hr $ 4.00 pp 2 hrs$ 5.00 pp..

There is many other options and combinations I suggest you contact the special events team and they can send you the list ..

cheers

Stu: And I thought you were the CC guru with 18k+ posts!!! There goes my faith in you being our Cruise-kipedia. :D

I discussed this one in a recent post about the two types of events -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34666947#post34666947

Wrist bands will only be needed for a cocktail party (because you need to be able to see which people paid, and which people just walked in the door to drink on your S&S account [if you are the organizer who has the S&S account listed with CCL to pay]).

If doing a general M&G, then no wrist bands will be needed - because in order to get a drink each person will need to hand over their S&S card to a waiter.

With our M&G in April it was in the main atrium bar area so all could come (including families with children), and we had sticky-labels for people to write their CC & regular names, and we did have a few give-aways that a few of the organizers brought along to give out in a raffle (pins etc.).

Oh, and take note of my last paragraph - they could arrange a spot for your M&G, and then ALSO list in the FT another day-time for a CC M&G ...

This CC meet and greet with some giveaway is new and as a result have not yet experienced it. Still others to help out from time to time.icon7.gif

This CC meet and greet with some giveaway is new and as a result have not yet experienced it. Still others to help out from time to time.icon7.gif

I posted the question JH's FB page and here is the response that i received. (Our meet and greet is after Muster on the Serenity deck)

I will be happy to help you of course. Send me the final count of how many are expected and what time and where you want this and I will arrange to put this in the Funtimes fo you. Obviously I cant block Serenity for a private function but ... I am sure it will be a wonderful place to meet your new friends. So please send me this again 1 week before you sail and send me your cabin number and I will have 2 trophies and 2 bottles of champagne sent to you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. cheers and best wishes to all

Hope that this helps others :)

I must be doing something wrong when trying to contact JH. I send the email through the blog page as instructed, get an email stating mine has been received and JH will get back to me but he never does. Maybe I need to start speaking English instead of American when I email him???

I must be doing something wrong when trying to contact JH. I send the email through the blog page as instructed, get an email stating mine has been received and JH will get back to me but he never does. Maybe I need to start speaking English instead of American when I email him???

I posted on his Face Book page. Got a response 12 hours later. Try there!

I posted the question JH's FB page and here is the response that i received. (Our meet and greet is after Muster on the Serenity deck)

I will be happy to help you of course. Send me the final count of how many are expected and what time and where you want this and I will arrange to put this in the Funtimes fo you. Obviously I cant block Serenity for a private function but ... I am sure it will be a wonderful place to meet your new friends. So please send me this again 1 week before you sail and send me your cabin number and I will have 2 trophies and 2 bottles of champagne sent to you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. cheers and best wishes to all

Hope that this helps others :)

thanks for post. Thought this is how he has asked for this to be arranged.

Will do it this way as we have a cocktail party arranged and did not tell them it was cc function.

Try his fb page but do it until you get a response.

IMHO he takes too much on himself and as a result lots fall thru the cracks.

I did end up calling group services for our 11/10 sailing on the Dream. The only time she would give us was 5:30 on sail away. She said it would be in song jazz club fr 5:30 - 6:30. She said they don't do anything for CC groups. I guess I can contact JH thru his FB pg, but like others said, he has so much going on- hate to be a bother. I just wanted a couple ships on a stick & maybe a bottle of champagne we could raffle off. We've got almost 90 roll call members & at leat 40 are signed up for the M&G. My roll call group just wants to keep it informal.

Celebrity has a webpage for people on CC to sign up for their "official" CC meeting: LINK

NCL puts on great meet-n-greets for CC'ers - complete with most of the officers attending:

DSC01535-M.jpgDSC01543-M.jpg

Carnival pretty much ignores such things...

I don't really expect that to change.

Tom

Yes, I have read that HAL & Princess host CC groups too. Why does CCL not do the same?

The funny thing is- I tried to start a roll call on the Funville site & got maybe 2 other responses in 3-4 months, kept bumping it to the top, still no responses. I gave it up. Like I said, over here we have close to 90 on our list. I would think CCL would take notice.

Yes, I have read that HAL & Princess host CC groups too. Why does CCL not do the same?

The funny thing is- I tried to start a roll call on the Funville site & got maybe 2 other responses in 3-4 months, kept bumping it to the top, still no responses. I gave it up. Like I said, over here we have close to 90 on our list. I would think CCL would take notice.

This is a step in the right direction as in the past I haven't heard of prizes. This is at least something.

I'll take something over nothing any day :D

Meet and greet will be in the morning so bar service not needed but will do it this way. Thanks for info.

After reading through this thread of Meet and greet. You keep stating that you wanted one with no coctails. Be sure to mention to the people on your roll call that it will be no coctails.

Piping in my opinion, if it were mixed with people that some drink and some do not. That is a ok thing. But your gonna find that you will not have many people attending that are no drinkers. Just saying:eek:

Archived