New CC meet and greet

golfadj

I will be setting this up for our roll call on the Dream and wondering if anyone has been a part of this and can share details as to what Carnival provided.

Does only John Heald set this up?

I am not referring to a private cocktail party which is a separate function.

Thanks for the information.

Hoping to find this out too. Have read a wee bit, but didn't get exactly how you go about it. We are doing a M&G for our roll call- Nov 10th saiing. We set up a meeting time & place & posted it on our rol call. But I have read they will provide a bottle of wine & maybe some door prizes or somthing. I too, am wondering who we contact & what will CCL provide.

One of our roll call members suggested M&G at Sunset Bar -Lido, deck 10 aft-Dream. Looks like a good place for a deck party. We've got something like 88 members, hope there's room for all of us. I also will keep an eye on this thread to see if CCL does anything for CC groups.

I saw a post from JH about providing CC M&G's with champagne & ships on a stick to use as prizes:

this from JH FB page on June 25th or so:

I keep being asked by Cruise Critic meet and greet organisers for door prizes and so as of next week if I am asked to arrange a meet and greet I will include 2 trophies and 2 bottles of champagne which you can use as raffle prizes or as you see fit. These will be delivered by a entertainment staff member to the meet and greet. I know its not a lot but at least its something you can have fun with so maybe bring raffle tickets and you can draw for the trophies and champagne. I have also e mailed the CDs and asked when possible to stop by and say hello, me included.

Cheers

I saw a post from JH about providing CC M&G's with champagne & ships on a stick to use as prizes:

I keep being asked by Cruise Critic meet and greet organisers for door prizes and so as of next week if I am asked to arrange a meet and greet I will include 2 trophies and 2 bottles of champagne which you can use as raffle prizes or as you see fit. These will be delivered by a entertainment staff member to the meet and greet. I know its not a lot but at least its something you can have fun with so maybe bring raffle tickets and you can draw for the trophies and champagne. I have also e mailed the CDs and asked when possible to stop by and say hello, me included.

Cheers

I think this post was about Cruise Critic meet and greet that JH was asked to attend not all Cruise Critic meet and greets

Cheers

thanks for the info. Now would like to hear from someone who attended one of these and how it worked out

I will be setting this up for our roll call on the Dream and wondering if anyone has been a part of this and can share details as to what Carnival provided.

Does only John Heald set this up?

I am not referring to a private cocktail party which is a separate function.

Thanks for the information.

Hi Stu-

Not sure if this is the type of M&G you are referring to but we just did one on the Pride it was a paid Meet & Greet for our Roll Call. I contacted the special events dept at Carnival and they helped reserve the room and set it up for me.

It was 1 hour open bar for $11.44 for alcohol drinkers and $5.75 for non-drinkers. It also included dry snacks.

Once it was set; the roll call folks that wanted to join send the money either by PayPal or send me a check prior to the cruise. I had to have the total a week before we left and send the info to my contact at Carnival.

I paid once I got on the ship and it was all charged to my S&S card.

When everything was finalized I posted on John Heald's facebook page about getting the champagne and SOAS sent and he said he would be happy to send.

Jaime (Pride CD) showed up at our M&G with the champagne and SOAS for our group.

We raffled off the Champagne and gave the money to the bar staff.

It was a nice event.

Let me know if you have any questions - hope this helps.

Tammi

Hi Stu-

Not sure if this is the type of M&G you are referring to but we just did one on the Pride it was a paid Meet & Greet for our Roll Call. I contacted the special events dept at Carnival and they helped reserve the room and set it up for me.

It was 1 hour open bar for $11.44 for alcohol drinkers and $5.75 for non-drinkers. It also included dry snacks.

Once it was set; the roll call folks that wanted to join send the money either by PayPal or send me a check prior to the cruise. I had to have the total a week before we left and send the info to my contact at Carnival.

When everything was finalized I posted on John Heald's facebook page about getting the champagne and SOAS sent and he said he would be happy to send.

Jaime (Pride CD) showed up at our M&G with the champagne and SOAS for our group.

It was a nice event.

Tammi

thanks for the infoicon7.gif

As I said in a previous thread I set up a M&G on my cruise in Jan through

John H. I provided my booking number, the approx number of guests and when we wanted it. It was set up the last afternoon of the cruise (not when we wanted it) and listed in the Fun Times. They provided snack mix and soft drinks and bar bills were arranged separately.

I would suggest getting cabin numbers of your guest list so you can stay in touch in case things change.

I am organizing the M&G for our RC. We are planning a two party with bar & dry snacks. I have contacted group events to reserve time & place. I will contact our ship's CD closer to our date to request Champagne & SOAS for our group.

If you want to do a separate M&G with no prepaid bar just bar service you will also need to contact group services to set the time & place.

Group planning

p:305.599.2600 ext. 70006/ f:305-406-7348 / e:groupeventplanning@carnival.com

Maybe I can help here... I am helping organize ours for our sailing. so.. now it is not JH that sets these up but I'm sure he would love to be invited if he can attend I'm sure he will try but..

You need to get a Roll call gloing, take names of all attending, then organize away fo getting funds collected after you decided what type you want.. we are doing a 2 pre our bar( yes you can order what you want) with dry snacks for $20.00 per person including tip but we all paid $25 pp so we can give a bit extra to our servers..Once you have decided what you want to do and have a head count contact the special events team at CCL and get a special events co-ordinator on your team... they will help you.. remember the person that is listed as the organizer will be responsible for making the payment per head to CCL on your sail and sign card to keep the funds you recieve set aside..

CCL will send a rep around 2xs during your function for a head count.. my suggestion is wristbands ( dollar store) 2 different colors one for drinkinres and one for no drinkers.. make sure you let your servers know which is for which..

Have a 50/50 draw and a silent auction( get attendies to bring something to contibute and sell tickets for the draw)..

I sure hope that helped even a small bit

cheers

Stu i have done 2 open Bar partys if a person is in the bar they must pay even if they are not drinking or are kids they will bill the Hosts Sail & sign for all people in the party

We did a M&G on the Legend last year, Mr. Heald helped us set up a room where we could meet. We didn't do the paid but they did have a bartender in there who made us drinks (a la carte, so to speak). We got very, very lucky, as the Captain and several other officers were there to greet us. Wee Jimmy showed up and conducted a trivia session with prizes. I understand this is quite unusual but it was awesome! We asked JH to set it up for mid-afternoon on the 1st sea day, and it was announced in the Funtimes. Lasted about an hour or so. I'm sure there's a way to set it up once on board but I'm not sure how.

As I said in a previous thread I set up a M&G on my cruise in Jan through

John H. I provided my booking number, the approx number of guests and when we wanted it. It was set up the last afternoon of the cruise (not when we wanted it) and listed in the Fun Times. They provided snack mix and soft drinks and bar bills were arranged separately.

I would suggest getting cabin numbers of your guest list so you can stay in touch in case things change.

They set it up for the last afternoon? "WOW" is all I have to say about that! (BITING TONGUE....) ;)

I have set up several through the group events department - they always worked with me on times/places.

Tom

A phone call to group services will net you much info. I just set ours for the 1st sea day - inquire early so you have the best choices for time & place. The longer you wait the less time slots & venues are available.

Hi Stu-

It was a nice event.

Tammi

Jamie is a peach

A phone call to group services will net you much info. I just set ours for the 1st sea day - inquire early so you have the best choices for time & place. The longer you wait the less time slots & venues are available.

I thought only John Heald could be contacted to set this up

I thought only John Heald could be contacted to set this up

Group Services is how you get the space reserved and they make sure the bar is staffed - be it a prepaid cocktail party with open bar OR a M&G with just bar service where everyone just puts drinks on their S&S.

Once you have your M&G scheduled you then contact the CD on YOUR ship, not JH (unless he is the CD on your ship) to request the Champagne & SOAS's for your M&G and to invite the CD to stop by if you want.

JH made all of the CD's fleet wide aware of the program to provide these things to CC M&G's.

Hope this helps clarify things Stu.

Archived