Another Early Saver Question HELP!

HopeB1

I need help with the following scenario.

I originally booked my room 4c for 3 passengers for 717. I saw about two weeks ago the 4c had dropped to 667 and the 4e was now 717. I submitted for the 4c onboard credit and received it.

There is the 72 hr sale going on right now. They have the 4e now for 667. I know that I should be able to upgrade to the 4e now. I submitted the form and at first it was denied, I then replied and told them the scenario and they sent me an email that said basically thank you and contact Guest Services Dept and they would be glad to work with me in upgrading my reservation.

I called today and the lady was pretty much clueless, but basically came back and said because the 72 hr sale only applied to new booking I couldn't price match to it.

I have never had this situation so I don't know the correct answer, so I came to you all who do know the answer! Thanks for the help!

I need help with the following scenario.

I originally booked my room 4c for 3 passengers for 717. I saw about two weeks ago the 4c had dropped to 667 and the 4e was now 717. I submitted for the 4c onboard credit and received it.

There is the 72 hr sale going on right now. They have the 4e now for 667. I know that I should be able to upgrade to the 4e now. I submitted the form and at first it was denied, I then replied and told them the scenario and they sent me an email that said basically thank you and contact Guest Services Dept and they would be glad to work with me in upgrading my reservation.

I called today and the lady was pretty much clueless, but basically came back and said because the 72 hr sale only applied to new booking I couldn't price match to it.

I have never had this situation so I don't know the correct answer, so I came to you all who do know the answer! Thanks for the help!

Terms and conditions of the sale state "Valid on new bookings only."

Check the sale If the sale is for new bookings only you will not get it

Lady you spoke with is clueless .. call during the week maybe?? The "applies to new bookings only" is not applicable to ES if you booked ES you can price match to any sale that is "new bookings only"

This has been determined before on CC and some people had to call back and get someone who knew this .. some reps I think dont want to bother.

Call back. ES applies to every rate, no matter what the terms say.

It would cause a ruckus to advertise that with ES rate you can price match and always get the lowest price .. and then say.. ooops, we dont mean every rate.

duh, on the Carnival rep you spoke with who didnt know better.

Thank you all SO much. I just called back and spoke to someone, and didn't even have to go into all the detail that I did with the last person, and he fixed it right away!

Everyone here is always SO helpful!

Thank you all SO much. I just called back and spoke to someone, and didn't even have to go into all the detail that I did with the last person, and he fixed it right away!

Everyone here is always SO helpful!

See, those first two posters posting just jumped on the bandwagon to tell you that you couldnt .. sometimes you have to read thru a few posts to get to the correct answer .. that ES matches to any rate, period.

Sorry, I also think the first reps you talked to, since they were not getting a new booking credit didnt want to do it. lazy if you ask me. So they found a excuse to put you off imo.

Just a quick note on "Early Saver" fares. I almost booked one until I read the fine print, and realized that deposits you make on that type of fare are non-refundable. Unlike other fares, when you book and have to cancel for some unforeseen reason before you make final payment, Carnival doesn't give you your money back. They say that you "may" be able to transfer that deposit to another sailing or another ship, but that will involve some additional fees.

I only mention this because my personal vacation planner failed to mention this to me when they were hyping the fare, and only told me the restrictions when I started asking questions and got ready to put down a deposit. Buyer Beware!

Just a quick note on "Early Saver" fares. I almost booked one until I read the fine print, and realized that deposits you make on that type of fare is non-refundable. Unlike other fares, when you book and have to cancel for some unforeseen reason before you make final payment, they don't give you your money back. They say that you "may" be able to transfer that deposit to another sailing or another ship.ut that will involve some additional fees.

I only mention this becuase my personal vacation planner failed to mention this to me when they were hyping the fare, and only told me the restrictions when I started asking questions. Buyer Beware!

I would get a new PVP then .. thats awful. She probably assumed you knew the deposit was nonrefundable .. but there are other terms. The one that got me was no name changes, if someone wants to cancel, you cant just pay $50 to change to another pax like other rates.

I know on CC we go over and over the terms, but not everyone is on CC and reads the posts.

Hi,

Tip: If you're a couple just say you're solo and you can book ES for less deposit and then your deposit will be smaller,less of a loss if you have to cancel. You can add your second pearson later.

Take out "cancel for any reason"travel insurance too, especially if you're booking a longer cruise. And you don't have to call Carnival to get your price protection, they have an online form you can fill out and you hear back right away or you can check your cruise manager and it will show the extra OBC. I've booked ES on most of my 12 cruises with Carnival and never had a problem getting OBC if the price goes down.

Hope this helps for the furture!

Steph

After medical emergencies kept parents from sailing in Jan, we've decided to do Past Guest from now on. A bit more expensive, but less restrictive. Plus, if you find a price drop, you can contact your agent or PVP to apply it (you just can't use the ES form).

After medical emergencies kept parents from sailing in Jan, we've decided to do Past Guest from now on. A bit more expensive, but less restrictive. Plus, if you find a price drop, you can contact your agent or PVP to apply it (you just can't use the ES form).[/quote]

Except no price drop OBC after final payment unless you booked ES.

Archived