Nick & Noras Dinner club on Miracle

This is a menu for 19 Oct 2004 for "Nick and Nora's Supper Club" on the Carnival Miracle.

My wife Derfette had the Veal Chop

And I had the Porterhouse Steak

We both felt it was well worth the $25.00 additional charge.

Starters

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, Wrapped in Rice Paper and Classic Bourguignonne

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce

SUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tuna, Shrimp and Unagi with Pickled Ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1 oz. of Sevruga Caviar with Traditional Condiments and Buckwheat Blinis An Extra $29.00 Charge will Apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal Black Tiger Prawns with American Cocktail Sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC Fleuron and Fresh Cream

BAKED ONION SOUP “LES HALLES”

A Parisian Classic

Salads

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

With blue cheese, warm bacon dressing.

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, Radicchio, Tomato Wedges, Purple Onion Rings and Watercress Choice of House, Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing

Side Dishes

BAKED POTATO WITH TRIMMINGS

SAUTEED MEDLEY OF FRESH MUSHROOMS

YUKON GOLD MASH WITH WASABI HORSERADISH

SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE

GRILLED FRESH VEGETABLES IN SEASON

CREAMED SPINACH WITH GARLIC

Entrees

Our Steaks Are Hand Selected and Aged for 30 Days to Our Specifications. Carefully Handled and Perfectly Cooked.

BROILED NEW YORK STRIPLOIN STEAK

14 0Z. Of the Favorite Cut for Steak Connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTERHOUSE STEAK

Combines the Full Flavor of the Strip Loin with the Tenderness of the

'Tenderloin

24 0Z. of the Best from Both Worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9 OZ. for Ihe True gourmet

SURF & TURF

Seared Lobster Tail over Tomato Confit

Grilled Filet: Mignon over Cardamom Braised Carrots, Pumpkin Ravioli

ALASKAN KING CRAB CLAWS

Served Cold, with Drawn Butter and Roasted Pepper Remoulade

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage Braised Sea Bass over Young Spinach and Mango Salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

Served With Drawn Butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

With Blackberry- Port Wine Reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

Double-Cut Lamb Chops

Served on Five Bean Cassoulet and Rosemary Jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

Center- Cut from the Highest Grade Milk-Fed Veal

Sauces Available

THREE PEPPERCORN SAUCE

WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE

SAUCE BEARNAISE

Desserts

WARM FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Served with Homemade Ice Cream

SYMPHONY OF MOUSSES

Dark and White Chocolate, Orange and Mocha

TRIO OF CREME BRULLEE

Served with Sugar Tuiles and phyllo cigar

FRESH FRUITS

Assembly of Tropical Fruits and berries in Season, Served with Homemade Sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

Beverages

FRESHLY BREWED COFFEE

Regular or Decaffeinated

TEA AND HERBAL TEAS

Dessert Wines

QUADY ELECTRA, CALIFORNIA $ 3. 75 WEISSER RIESLING, SOUTH AFRICA $5.75

After Dinner Drinks

GRAHAM'S SIX GRAPE 5.25 Dow's 20 YEAR TAWNY $9.95

Dow' S VINTAGE PORT, '85 $12.95

DE MONTAL ARMAGNAC SPECIAL RESERVE $8.75

HARDY, V. S . a. P . $5.75

HARDY, X. a . $9.50

CLES DES Ducs ARMAGNAC, V. S . a . P. 6.00

PINAR DEL RIO, GAUTIER x.a. 9.95

HENNESSY, X. a . 11.00

MARTELL CORDON BLEU 10.00

HENNESSY PARADIS 35. 00

COURVOISIER X. a. 11.00

REMY MARTIN LOUIS XI I I 95.00

We are going in June, but there have been lots of comments about it in some of the reviews that have been posted. You can search the carnival forum for "Miracle review" and you should find several.

All the ones we have read sound fantastic!

Just wondering if anyone has dined there and how the whole experience was? We are thinking of making reservations, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Judy:)

We just cruised on the Miracle 4/24, and dined at Nick and Nora's on Friday night. It was absolutely well worth the $25.00. Among the entrees at our table were the Filet, the Porterhouse, Lobster Tail and Surf and Turf. All got rave reviews. I also had the sushi platter which was wonderful. Great service, great atmosphere. Make reservations the first day if you can, they fill up early!

Thanks for all your help, we will certainly book an evening at Nick & Nora's, can you book it at the time you book your cruise or does it have to be booked the day you board?

Judy

Book early it may sell out.

You cant book until you are on the ship- You can call the supper club or you can go directly to the place to pick out your own table. There will also be people in the atrium taking reservations.

We picked a thursday night at 7:30 and were the only peopl ein there other then the crew.

Expect to spend at least 2 1/2 hours eating this dinner. The price is now 30 bucks pp. (does not include your beverage of choice)

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, they might be able to get you reservations ahead of time.

Ours did - but we are travelling in a group of about 30 people.

But we have had our reservations for about 4 weeks now and we sail on Sunday!

EDIT: and it does now cost $30/person.

It went up withint the last few weeks. (after the easter sailings)

Just a note too-- you can only order one entree. We were told that we can only order one off each apetizer, salad, entree-- where others on the same sailing as we were but dining on different nights were able to order two sides.... onion soup AND crab cakes. (sigh- i was told no)

We cruised last week 5/1-5/8. We ate at Nick and Noras on the Wednesday

night. Not very crowded. It was very good and well worth the money.

All the meats are explained as what they are and weigh, etc by the server.

You will leave with a full stomach. I should note that the price went

up to $30 per person on May 1st, but still very much worth it!

I've heard nothing but good things about Nick & Nora's, but one question...is it $30 pp or $30 for the table? I am traveling with the wife and kids...and the kids don't exactly appreciate fine dining, if you know what I mean......I don't want to spend an extra $60 if I don't have to...btw, sailing May 29 from Tampa with an 11 and 5 year old......

I've heard nothing but good things about Nick & Nora's, but one question...is it $30 pp or $30 for the table? I am traveling with the wife and kids...and the kids don't exactly appreciate fine dining, if you know what I mean......I don't want to spend an extra $60 if I don't have to...btw, sailing May 29 from Tampa with an 11 and 5 year old......

I think there is an age limit of 13- the dinner takes 2 1/2 hours minimum. its not a rushed experince. THe 30$ is per person. NOT per table.

If this is somthing you and your wife want to do==take the kids out for pizza and a soda...then put them in camp Head for a romantic night out without the kids.

We were just on the Miracle 5/8 sailing - our kids were monsters in the dr, and it was the one nite we ate alone... The food was awesome... well worth the $30 pp. Tip is not included - so for $80 you get a 5-star meal on the ship!

I always thought Carnival was pushing the limit with the one entre and $25 pp since other ship lines you can order one of each item and most are less than $20 but since they have gone to $30pp and still one entre I'll pass my next time.

You've already paid for your meal in the main DR so why waste it? And you can order all you want there. No wonder many are saying it was not crowded.

The food in the dining room doesn't even come CLOSE to comparing to the food in the dining room, WAY different!!! Well worth every penny! Believe me, you don't need to order extra entrees... they serve you PLENTY of food, and then some! I cannot IMAGINE eating two of the entrees!!!! N&N's was not empty when we were in there... to each his/her own, but it is a very nice touch to get a formal meal, with amazing food and service, live music, in an intimate setting... I would not hesitate to spend $30, anytime :D

As for "wasting"... many people want a ton of port days... they get off the ship and don't eat lunch on the ship and sometimes dinner... so same applies, are they "wasting" it or rather enjoying what they want on their vacation? I certainly don't see it as wasting it at all... there are nights I don't care for the menu in the dining room, I like having a more upscale option rather than the buffet, personally.

Is there an age limit for sure for the specialty dining? The link posted did not say anything about this specifically. Need to know for sure....Anyone know? Thanks.

Linda: I may have that confused with Royal Caribbean. Maybe Carnival doesnt have an age limit. I guess if a person wanted to pay the 30 bucks for a child- i dont see them turning you down. Carnival does not follow through on their policies.

I just cruised on the 5/15 sailing on the Miracle. My husband and I ate dinner at Nick & Nora's on Wednesday. I was so looking forward to the awesome experience that I keep reading about here. The whole meal start to finish only took an hour and a half and we tried to keep eating slower:( The server just kept clearing plates and bringing the next course right out. I felt like I had a slower paced meal in the dining room all week. I wonder if not ordering wine made any difference or not (having waited tables in college I remember all the servers who talked about their 'cheap tables'). I just did not feel like it had a good atmosphere either, maybe the noise from Horatio's was just louder than normal. I was pretty dissapointed and probably would not go back if we sail on the Miracle again. I hate to write anything negative because I usually believe that the experience is what you make it, but I had a real hard time staying positive about this one. Everything else about the Miracle is fabuluous though:)

I wonder if not ordering wine made any difference or not :)

oh bummer. we didnt order drinks at all. Drank the water at the table. We went on Thursday and business was way down. Other the the captains tapble and the purser desk officers I think we were the only ones here. It did take us over 2 hurs to finish dinner but that might be because the saff was busy taking care of the captains crew.

Archived