Oasis of the Seas- Dining Qs

Hi there- we're getting excited for our cruise on the Oasis in a few months. We had a few Qs regarding the dining options. Hoping someone on here can help answer :)

Vitality Cafe- Are the smoothies good? I think this is a free place to eat, right?

Pizza- Are the pizzas offered b/w Wipe Out Cafe and Sorrento's the same? Quality and taste-wise?

Where can we go for a good ice cream sundae? Also, where would you recommend for soft serve ice cream/froyo?

Does anyone know what will be served on the 2 formal nights?

Thanks in advance!

I am going on the Oasis in Feb. when are you going? I know the ship is really big. I am told it is easy to find your way around. They have a board that tells you if the restaurant is busy /full or not. I am very excited. When are you going?

Hi there- we're getting excited for our cruise on the Oasis in a few months. We had a few Qs regarding the dining options. Hoping someone on here can help answer :)

Vitality Cafe- Are the smoothies good? I think this is a free place to eat, right?

Pizza- Are the pizzas offered b/w Wipe Out Cafe and Sorrento's the same? Quality and taste-wise?

Where can we go for a good ice cream sundae? Also, where would you recommend for soft serve ice cream/froyo?

Thanks in advance!

Also- ETA: What is the attire on non-formal nights in the MDR?

I am going on the Oasis in Feb. when are you going? I know the ship is really big. I am told it is easy to find your way around. They have a board that tells you if the restaurant is busy /full or not. I am very excited. When are you going?

Hi Dolly- we are going in early Dec.... 4 more months!

Do not know.

But, I can tell you that Sorrento's pizza is nothing to write home about.

But, it is pizza, not the best, but edible.

Cheese, sauce, dough.

Chow down on shrimp, steak, pasta in the MDR.

Just cruised Oasis for the second time and think I may have some answers. Someone will correct me I'm sure if I mis-speak...but here's what I experienced:

Vitality Cafe- Are the smoothies good? I think this is a free place to eat, right? The food/snack items were free, smoothies were not. We had smoothies a couple times during the week after a workout in the gym. Cost anywhere from $4.95 to $6.25. You can choose ingredients (make it a standard fruit smoothie or make it a veggie/protein or whatever you want kinda smoothie like my brother did each time). The food items are things like yogurt/granola cups, small sandwiches, fruit cups. All fine, but nothing hearty.

Pizza- Are the pizzas offered b/w Wipe Out Cafe and Sorrento's the same? Quality and taste-wise? Ate both and don't feel like it was the same. But that could just be about how long it sits there. Sorrentos is busy enough that we always got fairly fresh out of the oven slices. You can also make your own (pick your toppings) personal size pizza at Sorrentos. It isn't stellar but it was just fine for us to grab and snack on mid afternoon or late night. We actually ate it often because it was convenient. (open all day and most nights til 3am) But we didn't rely on it as a meal that's for sure. Wipe out cafe is good for quick hotdogs, burger and good fries (same burger and fries from windjammer) and they have a few other things also. Just not open very many hours.

Where can we go for a good ice cream sundae? Also, where would you recommend for soft serve ice cream/froyo? There is an ice cream shoppe on the boardwalk. Wipe out cafe serves the froyo in several flavors and there is an unmanned self serve kiosk in the middle of the pool decks near the kiddie pool section as well.

Does anyone know what will be served on the 2 formal nights? Uhmm...sorry, but racking my brain and first formal night I can't even remember what was served. Second formal night is the lobster dinner and we opted to skip it and chose to goto Izumi's for a night out of the dining room instead. I will tell you we skipped it because A) we decided we didn't feel like dressing up again B) we wanted at least 1 specialty restaurant night and C) I cruised Oasis back in March and none of the 6 people in my party then were impressed with the lobster. Our least favorite meal. BUT that was just our experience then and I won't say that meal was indicative of our dining room experience as a whole. We actually enjoyed our dining room experience back in March and again this last time we cruised.

ENJOY!!!

Also- ETA: What is the attire on non-formal nights in the MDR?

The cruise compass states - "Dinner Dress Suggestion: Casual. Please note that bare feet, short pants, caps and tank tops are not permitted in the Dining Rooms or any Specialty Restaurants."

That said...both times we've been on the ship we certainly saw people ignore the no shorts "rule". We did not. On casual nights, I wore capris, leggings or jeans and appropriate top or an easy summer dress and sandals to the dining room. My brother wore jeans and a "plain" t-shirt or other short sleeve shirt.

We just got off on Sat and did My Time Dining. As far as dress code goes, I saw more people "dressed up" then "dressed down". DH wore his tux and was not out of place. I saw a bunch of suits, dinner jackets, etc. Didn't see anyone standing out one way or the other.

I didn't really feel that the dinners on formal night really stood out from the other nights--they were all done well, but I didn't feel like the dinners really stood out just because it was "formal" night.

The pizza at Sorento's and Wipe Out Cafe were fine--certainly not world class pizza that you write home about--but quite good. I didn't really notice a huge difference between the two. I did think the frozen yogurt in Wipe Out was better than at pool, but I think that's because it was so hot on pool deck that it melted as you put it in the cones!!

The granola bars in Vitality Cafe were REALLY good!!!

Enjoy!

We never made it to Vitality...too many other less than healthy options to try while enjoying vacation.

We didn't get the pizza while at Wipe Out, but we did have our fair share at Sorrento's. As a pp noted, it's nothing to write home about, kind of bland, but it was soft & usually hot, I definitely enjoyed it though. The downside to Wipe Out...it's only open from 3:30p-5:30p :confused:. We enjoyed the froyo, although there was often a line up (most people seemed oblivious to the unmanned station near the pool, so that was our go-to spot), the burgers, nachos, fries...crap, now I'm hungry!

See above for froyo...we didn't do the Ice Cream shop on the boardwalk, since the froyo was free and had enough selection (choc/vanilla twist, strawberry/van twist, then each of the 3 by themselves) for us. We really enjoyed the milkshakes at Johnny Rockets...not sure how their ice cream would be.

Something tells me that the first formal night was some sort of steak (not 100% sure though) and I can't remember the other option. We skipped the 2nd formal night (where lobster was an option), in favor of Chops Grille. We live on the East Coast of Canada, where we are known for our lobster...dh can have a really good lobster (which, I have heard is not the case on the ship) at home, so he had no desire to have it on the cruise (I don't eat shell fish, so I was content). Like a pp noted, there is a variety of attire you'll see in the MDR on formal night. I didn't particularly care what others wore, but was surprised by the number of shorty shorts on the young ladies in the MDR. Dh, myself & IL's all went with formal wear, and, on "casual" nights, the men wore khakis & golf shirts/button up shirts and we wore dresses (something between sundress & formal)...I would never go to a nice restaurant on land in blue jeans or shorts, so I wasn't interested in doing it on the ship either.

Thanks in advance!

Have a blast!! We enjoyed EVERYTHING about the Oasis!

We might be crazy but we really loved the pizza at Sorrentos.. No, I do not think the pizza is the same at the Windjammer.. I thought the pizza at Windjammer looked pretty yucky.. Just me though.. I love pizza!! :)

Dress was all over the place in the MDR. Just wear what you are comfortable with & have a great time!! We loved it when we were there in June..

Archived