Complimentary beverage lunch loyalty program

CMM

I was reading that a loyalty benefit is a complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch. How does that work? Do you just show your ss card?

What breakfast beverage would that be anyway?

The coupon is left in your cabin. You can only use it for breakfast or lunch in the MDR. They checked our SS card against the name on the coupon. We did enjoy a great bloody Mary but would have been better if you could use it at anytime at any bar. I guess they are hoping not many will use them.

I turned my coupon in during breakfast for a very nice extra spicy double mary. My wonderful DW got me one the next day with her coupon. It was the nicest thing that Carnival ever gave me for free.

Don't wait until the last full day of your cruise to use it. On the elation earlier this month I talked to the bar waitress and she said it was about to kill them. Everyone waited until that last day to use them. So she was taking a huge number of orders and it took forever to get our drinks. Carnival needs to rethink the restrictions on this perk.

Thanks for the information. I was thinking since it was a breakfast, brunch, lunch thing maybe it was just a glass of juice or something and that struck me as an odd perk.

Actually an alcohol drink at brunch doesn't sound too appealing either. I didn't even know about the punchliner on the Pride in the first place. Maybe I will have to give it a try.

I think Carnival has thought it out very well and has a pretty good idea of how many people will forget to use them. I probably would've not bothered with ours had we not totally forgotten about the past guest party! (or whatever it's called now) I was really wanting to go to it this time too to see how many less people were there. Oh well.

If somebody wants to give me a free drink I think it's more than fair that they can tell me when and where I can get it. Plus I always eat brekky in the MDR and oftentimes lunch too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information. I was thinking since it was a breakfast, brunch, lunch thing maybe it was just a glass of juice or something and that struck me as an odd perk.

Actually an alcohol drink at brunch doesn't sound too appealing either. I didn't even know about the punchliner on the Pride in the first place. Maybe I will have to give it a try.

The Pride doesn't have the punchliner brunch yet, but you can use the coupons at breakfast or lunch in the MDR.

We saw several people the last night trying to use the coupons at a bar in the evenings and they were always told they couldn't do it - that it was MDR breakfast or lunch only.

I think a lot of folks forget, don't read the fine print, or miss the coupons since they are mixed in with all the junk advertisements in your cabin the first day.

The coupons were good for any drink up to a $9 value. The waiters didn't seem to thrilled - they were running themselves silly for free drinks. Our waiter looked quite surprised and thankful when we tipped him a couple $ for ours.

The coupon is left in your cabin. You can only use it for breakfast or lunch in the MDR. They checked our SS card against the name on the coupon. We did enjoy a great bloody Mary but would have been better if you could use it at anytime at any bar. I guess they are hoping not many will use them.

Darn thought we could use our friends coupon since they dont cruise.

I used mine yesterday on the last day of my Valor cruise and got a delicious Chocolate martini at lunchtime. No hassle at all and the waiter said most of his section that used them did so on Monday since it was a sea day and more people eat lunch in the MDR on sea days.

Red. Anyone who's been on a Carnival cruise before.

Jim

I could be wrong because i only pay half ass attention, but isn't red "newbie" level? Wouldn't gold or higher get bevs?

Blue is Newbie color. We had one Newbie with us and she did not get the coupon. Everyone else did and we were a combination of red and gold.

Blue is first-timer, Red gets Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy

Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available, complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch in Main Dining Room)

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Aw, ok! Thanks, guys. This is why I should visit more often than a couple of months before my next scheduled cruise LOL

Archived