Sun SE or SB??

RubyDog08

Which would you choose on the Sun? An aft facing penthouse with the soot thing....or a front facing penthouse with the wind issue? :confused: Is there really a lot of difference - and is either issue really that difficult to deal with?

Which would you choose on the Sun? An aft facing penthouse with the soot thing....or a front facing penthouse with the wind issue? :confused: Is there really a lot of difference - and is either issue really that difficult to deal with?

I would take the soot issue, you can always clean it off but you can't make the wind go away.

Having sailed Sun both on the bow and on the Stern, either are great! Neither soot nor wind were issues for us. We were in lowly balconies on both, so can't advise on which suite is better but IF the stern suite is on the corner which I think it is, everyone who has ever posted after staying in one seems to love them.

Do keep on mind if you decide to go to the bow that unless you are on the pool deck (and I think those are Owners Suites) that you will have to keep your curtains closed or the lights off after dark by order of the bridge.

Either way you are in for a fine time.

I was in 9076 stern SE in 2009. No soot. No vibration. Just an awesome suite. Will be back in same next March. Ook at my avatar. That's it. Trust me. Sitting or lounging on that huge balcony is wonderful. As others said, no wind. It's truly magical at night.

We've been on the Sun 4 times. All 4 times 0265. Corner aft. Deck 10. Yes you can get a little soot but it magically dissappears. We love this suite and this ship. On this ship this would be my choice..I am sure whichever side you choose you will have an awesome view. Just remember on either side you can see where you are going (bow) or where you have been (aft)!

We had vibration, but no soot. Love the aft! Pics of our suite are in my siggy. We love aft but have a forward suite booked for our upcoming POA cruise. Given the option, I'd pick aft every time.

Archived