Where to find cheese?

Mitwif

My husband and I were wondering if anyone knows good places to find Gouda cheese in either Aruba or Curaçao. We know of a shop in St Maarten, but won't be going there this year.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

We live an hour north of Atlanta in the foothills of the Appalachians.

Dh did a price comparison two weeks ago on imported Gouda available here in our hometown vs. what was available in Aruba. The price was the same.

I would imagine in the Orlando area you would have access to Dutch Gouda and not have to worry about lugging it back from your cruise ship. :)

:) He usually does the weekly shopping since he cooks. :D I have been bugging him the last couple of trips to bring home some "real" Dutch Gouda. When we came home on the 19th he showed me the package of Dutch Gouda we already have in our fridge and said the price was about $8/ lb. in Aruba.

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: I buy Dutch Gouda cheese all the time. It's readily available in all the markets in our area.

Is it hard to get in some regions of U.S.?

I think the OP was going to check to see if they could get it locally. ;) :) I know I live in a rural area and am able to purchase imported Gouda here less than a 30 minute ride from home.

LOL :D, we can find Gouda cheese but have to dry 45 minutes for "fine dining". :(

Archived