Victoria Disembarkation possibilities

oaktreerb

I'll be sure I let HAL know when I book the cruise what my plans are and confirm them again if I need to when I board.

I now see there are several options for Victoria to Seattle so I'll research them further and study the map. The cruise options sound wonderful.

You must call HAL to get permission first. As I said in post #2:

??? Your adamant post in response to my post seems kind of weird and unnecessary considering I basically said the same thing. You sound like you're correcting me or something, even though I said "call HAL".

As they stop there for only a short time, there are no immigration officers to come on board. If you were to get off in Victoria, you will have to carry your own luggage off.

Uuuggghhhh, not quite right.

When any ship goes to a Canadian port from an Alaska port, you can be very sure that Canadian Customs and Immigration Officers will board in Victoria - regardless of the length of visit.

Every week when my ship visits Victoria, we go through the normal Immigration and Customs formalities, a dozen or so Americans with criminal records are interviewed by Immigration officials, and between 10 and 20 passengers disembark.

Housekeeping stewards carry the suitcases to the end of the gangway.

Canadian stevedores are standing by to carry the bags to the terminal.

I don't see why it should be a problem. We were cruising Celebrity a few years back, round trip from Amsterdam. One of the ports on the itinerary was in Lithuania most of my family wanted to get off the ship in that port instead of returning to Amsterdam (we are Lithuanian, and they wanted to visit friends and family for a few days). They just had to inform the cruise line in advance, so that customs officials could be on board to check our passports and officially approve entry.

Malonu susititki su jumis! :)

This may be a dumb comment, but, I don't THINK anyone mentioned it, above. :o

One of the things you'll need if you're a U.S. citizen disembarking early in Canada is a passport, or WHTI compliant substitute.

The driver's license and birth certificate sufficient for a closed loop cruise will no longer be good enough.

This may be a dumb comment, but, I don't THINK anyone mentioned it, above. :o

One of the things you'll need if you're a U.S. citizen disembarking early in Canada is a passport, or WHTI compliant substitute.

The driver's license and birth certificate sufficient for a closed loop cruise will no longer be good enough.

Well, I for one do not think it's a dumb comment. Actually, I did mention it in post #15. Since you missed it it's possible others might have missed it as well, so thanks for reinforcing it.

Roy

Archived