Shuttle from LA to Anaheim

Hello!

My lovely fiance and I are on a California Coastal at the beginning of October. Since we have an extra day off (Canadian Thanksgiving!) we are thinking about taking a side trip over to Disneyland.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shuttle service from the port to the Anaheim area?

Can anyone recommend a hotel close to Disneyland?

Thanks!

We've done the coastal 3 times and have yet to find a shuttle to the Disneyland area. I have rented cars from Enterprise and paid the $40 drop fee to LAX. Cab fare from San Pedro to Anahiem is about $100 and you still have to get to the airport from Anahiem though there are shuttles available but I think they were $25 per person. It was the least amount of hassle to rent a car because they picked you up at the port. The line-up for a cab was ridiculous.

Buy a ticket on the Disney website to "Mickey's Halloween Party" which happens on Tuesday's and Fridays. No waits for rides and free "treats" for all.

I would recommend staying on any of the Disney properties but with a car, you can stay anywhere.

We stayed at the Marriott ($70) near the "Duck Pond" one year and went to opening night of the hockey season for $25 per person. Upper blue seats but you also recieved a beer & dog for the price. :)

Probably the best place to ask this question is a Disney specific board. They might tell you that you need 3-4 days to do Disney, so take the advice with a grain of salt. Also, there are lots of hotels within walking distance of Disney or with free shuttles. Trying putting the Disney address into Google Maps and you'll see all of the hotels on Harbor, just across the street from the park entrance.

Hello!

My lovely fiance and I are on a California Coastal at the beginning of October. Since we have an extra day off (Canadian Thanksgiving!) we are thinking about taking a side trip over to Disneyland.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shuttle service from the port to the Anaheim area?

Can anyone recommend a hotel close to Disneyland?

Thanks!

I have used either Primetime or Supershuttle.

Hotels around Disneyland vary greatly in price and location. A few to check out are:Anaheim Hilton, Annabella,Red Lion, Fairfield Inn, Portofino Inn and suites, Sheraton Park. They are within a 20 minute walk to Disneyland. If you want to splurge: Grand Californian, and Disneyland Hotel.

We've used Prime Time Shuttle but I believe SuperShuttle also services the port, which is in San Pedro. As for a hotel, the Disney hotels (Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier) are pricey and and there are other hotels literally across the street. Of those the top reviews I've heard are for Candy Cane Inn and Howard Johnson's, both on Harbor Blvd. These are about a 10-15 minute walk to the main gates of Disneyland and California Adventure.

Primetime and Supershuttle will have pricing online for that run but is a bit pricey. If you are ultimately returning to LAX, as a PP stated, you could probably get a rental car for same cost but have greater flexibility.

There are now two Disney parks next to each other, Disneyland and California Adventure. You could easily spend a full day at each one. The best days to visit the parks are on Super Bowl Sunday, and rainy days. I have annual pass and love the park on rain days...zero lines across the park. If you like roller coasters, the California Screamin is the best at these two parks. Have a great time.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived