Carnival Magic Aft- Extended Balcony 6472

dzgirl

We had that room and LOVED it. If you are a balcony person it is great. I do have some pictures but not here at work. I will try to load them tonight. The aft wraps on the sixth floor are the only ones with couches (due to the slop on the ship as you go up).

Thanks if you would upload the pictures whenever you have time (no rush) that would be awesome! we have never had an aft balcony before and were originally booked in room 7461 in nov but had to move, that room seemed perfect because the balcony was twice the size as a normal aft because the ship curves in, the room was smaller but the balcony was what i wanted lol. Im hoping this balcony is the same way since its on the end next to the wraps as well, it being one floor below and on the other side makes me think it might not be. Thanks for responding to me!!

thats a concern of mine too but we couldnt get the same cabin on deck 7, which is where i wanted. This one has a bigger balcony then the rest so im hoping its not too bad! i dont really mind the noise as long as its not sounding like its right in my doorway muffled music i dont think would bother me as bad....i hope :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know I had promised and had computer problems when I tried to locate the pics. Add to that we were in the room next to yours (the aft wrap). For some reason I cannot open the folder with the pics, I know I had one looking around the divider from the room I was in to the one you wanted. Sorry.

I know I had promised and had computer problems when I tried to locate the pics. Add to that we were in the room next to yours (the aft wrap). For some reason I cannot open the folder with the pics, I know I had one looking around the divider from the room I was in to the one you wanted. Sorry.

Oh no worries your totally fine. I was just adding to this thread again because im aure others have stayed in it i was just trying to get new views from someone who may have juat gotten off this ship and ran across my post. Thank you looking i know how big of a pain cputers can be technology sometimes right?!

Oh no worries your totally fine. I was just adding to this thread again because im aure others have stayed in it i was just trying to get new views from someone who may have juat gotten off this ship and ran across my post. Thank you looking i know how big of a pain cputers can be technology sometimes right?!

There is a web site that has many (not yours) pictures of extended aft rooms. It is (have to do this carefully or it will get blocked) cruise rooms dot com If you look there , you will see some that will give you a distinct impression of what to expect. Also, I know I mentioned it a wehile back, but the nosie factor was somewhat noticble but not late (think it ended around 11. We were not in the room much before that.

Going on the Magic Eastern cruise 2/10/13 we are booked in and aft extended balcony room 6472. Does anyone have any pictures of this room or info of it?? Thanks!!!

I always wonder about these postings. Do people actually remember their cabin numbers, or is the poster hoping for the generosity of the CC community such that members who had been on the Magic might go back through their booking documents and figure out what their cabin number was?

I'm as likely to remember a cabin number as I am to remember a hotel room number.

I thought this might have been my cabin, so I did go back through my booking documents, only to find that my family's aft cabins on the Magic last summer were on the 7th deck. I wasn't too impressed by the "extended" balconies. They didn't seem particularly "extended".

It just so happens that I was in this room about 3 weeks ago. I could hear the music from the lounge below. It didn't bother me but if I strained, I could make out what song was on. Otherwise, really didn't notice it. I have NO pics of it, sorry. I'm not much of a picture taker. It was a GREAT room! Just watch out for ash before you sit down on the balcony! It comes out of the funnel. Just wipe down your chairs before you sit and you'll be fine. The view is fabulous in all ports. You'll love it!

I always wonder about these postings. Do people actually remember their cabin numbers, or is the poster hoping for the generosity of the CC community such that members who had been on the Magic might go back through their booking documents and figure out what their cabin number was?

I'm as likely to remember a cabin number as I am to remember a hotel room number.

I thought this might have been my cabin, so I did go back through my booking documents, only to find that my family's aft cabins on the Magic last summer were on the 7th deck. I wasn't too impressed by the "extended" balconies. They didn't seem particularly "extended".

I am just very OCD like that i tend to plan everything and try to research as much as possible before we cruise, it may just be me but i like knowing my cabin number i dont know why lol!

It just so happens that I was in this room about 3 weeks ago. I could hear the music from the lounge below. It didn't bother me but if I strained, I could make out what song was on. Otherwise, really didn't notice it. I have NO pics of it, sorry. I'm not much of a picture taker. It was a GREAT room! Just watch out for ash before you sit down on the balcony! It comes out of the funnel. Just wipe down your chairs before you sit and you'll be fine. The view is fabulous in all ports. You'll love it!

Thanks! we tend to be night owls and as long as the music doesnt sound like its right on our balcony we should be ok with it. We picked this room on purpose because i had heard the rooms on the end next to the aft wraps were larger then the normal aft extended ones because thier designed with the curve of the ship the rooms smaller with no couch (which is fine with us) but the balony is bigger which is our main goal :). Thanks for the review of it im sure we will love it! And thanks for the heads up on the ash ive heard that too but it cant be that big of a deal this is our first aft ext so we will enjoy the view!

There is a web site that has many (not yours) pictures of extended aft rooms. It is (have to do this carefully or it will get blocked) cruise rooms dot com If you look there , you will see some that will give you a distinct impression of what to expect. Also, I know I mentioned it a wehile back, but the nosie factor was somewhat noticble but not late (think it ended around 11. We were not in the room much before that.

thanks i will check it out!!!!

I am just very OCD like that i tend to plan everything and try to research as much as possible before we cruise, it may just be me but i like knowing my cabin number i dont know why lol!

I appreciate the planning side of it. I wasn't questioning that you're asking. What I don't get is who is responding to inquiries about specific cabins. Do people actually remember their cabin (like I said, I'm as likely to remember it as the hotel room I stayed in), or are CC members so enthusiastic about this community that when they see a post like yours, they go back through their trip files to find the documentation that will tell them whether they happened to have been in the same cabin (2 years ago or whenever) that you are asking about?

I appreciate the planning side of it. I wasn't questioning that you're asking. What I don't get is who is responding to inquiries about specific cabins. Do people actually remember their cabin (like I said, I'm as likely to remember it as the hotel room I stayed in), or are CC members so enthusiastic about this community that when they see a post like yours, they go back through their trip files to find the documentation that will tell them whether they happened to have been in the same cabin (2 years ago or whenever) that you are asking about?

i guess i just think people remember lol i never thought of it as asking them to go thru thier old documents that would really be asking alot. i dont mean for people to be going thru the trouble of doing all that just to find a picture. Thanks for all that posted though i do appreciate it!!! :):):):)

I guess I was hoping to get a response from the other posters -- perhaps mentioning how or why it is that they remember their cabin numbers (or maybe that they don't and they go back through files and look it up).

But there being no such responses, I'll leave it at that.

I guess I was hoping to get a response from the other posters -- perhaps mentioning how or why it is that they remember their cabin numbers (or maybe that they don't and they go back through files and look it up).

But there being no such responses, I'll leave it at that.

It is a valid question. You are corect in that for the most part I could not tell you a room number and I sometimes marvel atthose who can. That being said, there are specific room that stand out. When I initially responded to the OP's wquestion I thought I had stayed in the same room. I was wrong, it was the room next door. Why do I rember that room, because it was an aft wrap and I LOVED the balcony. There are two other rooms I won't forget. One is on the Liberty room 9200. Why, because it was the Captain's suite....what a room(s). The other was Penthouse Suite 1 on the Ecstasy. Outstanding room and even better because it was a free upgrade.

Archived