Warwick Long Beach to Horseshoe Bay Beach

pltraveler

There are a series of path that you can follow. The paths' surfaces run from beach sand to hard packed and any where in between. You could walk along the water's edge at low tide but at some point you will have to leave the water's edge and follow the paths. The path distance is about .6 miles. Here is a satellite photo which shows the paths. You should print this out and keep it with you when you visit Bermuda. I didn't when I visited and took many wrong turns.

BeachPathV3.jpg

SBtS

SBtS, I plan on printing this out before I go so I want to make sure I understand exactly where we will be walking...We will be walking from Horseshoe to Warwick. The trail appears quite obvious until you get around the words, "south shore park" and then the trail gets lighter. To get to Chaplin Bay do you "go past" the bay through the gray clearing area and then walk down and back towards the beach? Once you get to Chaplin Bay, the trails look obvious again...Thank you so much for this map...and all you do for this board!

SBtS, I plan on printing this out before I go so I want to make sure I understand exactly where we will be walking...We will be walking from Horseshoe to Warwick. The trail appears quite obvious until you get around the words, "south shore park" and then the trail gets lighter. To get to Chaplin Bay do you "go past" the bay through the gray clearing area and then walk down and back towards the beach? Once you get to Chaplin Bay, the trails look obvious again...Thank you so much for this map...and all you do for this board!

There is a lawn like area under the words South Shore Park that extends to the light area just to the right and above the words South Shore Park. That area is a parking lot. To get to Chaplin Bay, I would cross the parking lot from the southwest to northeast and pick up the lower of the 2 paths that exit towards Chaplin Beach/Stonehole Bay.

SBtS

This is great info! One additional question - does the bus to Hamilton have a stop directly at the top of the road leading up from Warwick Beach?

There is a bus stop just to the left of where the access road to Warwick Beach intersects with South Road. Isn't more than a 2-3 minute walk from the access road.

SBtS

Memories!!!!! We did this on a cruise a few years back. The family refers to it as Death March 3....fondly of course. They also talk about it as a walk through the jungle.

We did this and it was actually AWESOME. We got to play in the water at so many different beaches each as beautiful as the next.

We did this walk not too long ago. Wear some type of protective shoe as some of the areas you walk through are rocky: my son cut his foot as he was wearing flipflops.

Bring water: this time of year, it will be very hot and humid. I think the walk took about an hour but it will be longer or shorter depending on which exact route you take and how long you spend at the beaches.

It is not a very difficult hike, it is just long and hot, and you have to be careful in the rocky places.

I walked from Horseshoe to Warwick last month. It will be a mixture of beach/sand/rock and then upper dune areas with a little pavement as you approached Warwick. Really quite a short walk - you will be surprised. Make sure you have something on your feet. I did not and had to be careful on the upper area.

Yes not as bad a walk as some have stated, just bring water on a hot day. Beautiful scenery along the way and both Jobson's Cove and WLB are gorgeous. We spent a week across the street from WLB and went there daily, nice break from the crowds at Horseshoe and just as beautiful. There's a vendor cart but no restrooms which keeps the crowds away.

Water/aqua shoes are very handy for the walk because some parts of the path are rocky.

LOL! - Not a nice thought! :p

We spent a week at an apartment across the street in June and went to WLB daily, no restrooms when we were there but no crowds either... I hope they haven't built any since.

If you weren't at Horseshoe Bay maybe there were portapotties at WLB because it was a heavy ship day? Don't know, perhaps someone who lives there can answer that one...

LOL! - Not a nice thought! :p

We spent a week at an apartment across the street in June and went to WLB daily, no restrooms when we were there but no crowds either... I hope they haven't built any since.

If you weren't at Horseshoe Bay maybe there were portapotties at WLB because it was a heavy ship day? Don't know, perhaps someone who lives there can answer that one...

There are bathrooms at WLB. Please read this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34672151

Also, they are visible on the satellite photo in post #2 of the current thread. They are just to the right of the access road to WLB at the beach end.

SBtS

Archived