bordeaux cycle hire

autumncruiser

Hi Has anyone found a cycle rental shop that is open on Sunday12th August in Bordeaux. Even the car rental places seem to be shut on a Sunday! Also has anyone cycled the voie verte to Frontenac and how long does that take

Thanks

Hi Autumncruiser,

The France Ports of Call, is your best bet for your question. I'm moving your thread to that location.

Enjoy your Cruise !

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Autumncruiser,

The France Ports of Call, is your best bet for your question. I'm moving your thread to that location.

Enjoy your Cruise !

I am confused. The so called France port of call section which this thread is now on is in a subsection of Med ports and none of the ports listed are on the Atlantic or English Channel.. The Western Europe British Isles section would seem to be the correct location for queries about LeHarve, Bourdeaux etc. Maybe Cruise Critic could redefine the topic headers. Or maybe i am just confused.

I am confused. The so called France port of call section which this thread is now on is in a subsection of Med ports and none of the ports listed are on the Atlantic or English Channel.. The Western Europe British Isles section would seem to be the correct location for queries about LeHarve, Bourdeaux etc. Maybe Cruise Critic could redefine the topic headers. Or maybe i am just confused.

You are at the right place and if you do a search you will certainly find plenty of posts (quite a few are mine) about Le Havre. As to Bordeaux (we love this region), it is not a very common port because the larger cruise ships cannot get up the river and there are not that many smaller ships that go up the river to the city (we did it last year on the Prinsendam). In fact it gets interesting if you do cruise up the river because they actually will fly the pilot out to the ship on a helicopter (ours had to be dropped onto our ship with a harness).

Hank

Archived