Irish passport holders & visas for Egypt, Jordon, Turkey

greenland

Hello,

Hopefully there is someone with an Irish passport that has done a cruise to these ports before, I am finding it very difficult to find out info on what is required visa wise. Turkey I think is ok as it's considered transit only so no visa required. I need one for both Egypt and Jordan & the embassies advised me I can get it on arrival as it would take 6 weeks each to be granted a visa through the embassy. I contacted them directly as P&O said they only organise visas for British passport holders (although Irish and British have the same requirements etc on these ports). What I am confused about is when I arrive where will I get the visa from? I have tours booked from the ship, I'm just not sure how or where you need to go for these visas and how long it takes etc, I don't want to miss my trips. Any help or info would be great! Thanks

We were in Egypt with Cunard in 2011 and we did not need visas , I went to egyptba few years ago Nile cruise and got a visa answer were entering the country? I have an Irish passport my husband has a French one with an Irish address, we now live in Spain , visas can sometimes be complicated , don't get me started on thevIndian one:eek:

Thanks for all the replies. I am not finding P&O helpful at all unfortunately, I mean surely this is something that happens frequently on the cruise ships, they just pass me from pillar to post & I am getting different answers everywhere. As we are going from Egypt to Jordan and back to Egypt I presume I need a multi entry visa for Egypt which online on the embassy site it says is only available prior to travel, however P&Os visa agent said it's available on arrival & to not bother applying beforehand. Very confusing!

I have been to Egypt twice with P&O. On each occassion, an Egyptian customs officer boarded at Malaga and had a four day trip to Egypt to stamp all passports. There was no charge. We have UK passports but would have thought the same applies to other EU nationals.

Brian

• 2 months later...

Archived