Boxing fights televised on Caribbean Princess?

rinse82

Hey guys, I've read that the CP has shown Monday Night Football and playoffs in various sports, but Im wondering if they show pay per view boxing matches? I'll be on the ship next week and dont want to miss the Trinidad-Wright fight on the 21st (our first day at sea). Are there lounges or bars on the ship that will show the fight? Or even better you think they would show it on the MUTS screen?

You never know but I kind of doubt it as any special broadcasts, such as football, are shown only if there is wide, general interest. Everything pretty much depends on what is available through the Satellite. It's not as if you're in the U.S. and can flip a channel to a station.

Cruise ships do not have the capability of pay per view (only PPV in-house movies), as they don't have things like Direct TV. The reason they're allowed to show the Super Bowl is because that program is shown on ESPN International, which is the sports channel cruise ships receive once they leave the US. You won't be seeing any PPV sports events because those things are not cost effective for a cruise line. I highly doubt you would find many who would pay $29.95 to see a fight on a cruise ship.

Adverage Commercial account cost for an event like that which is what they charge sports bars in the U.S. is 1295.00 and for us Consumer account 39.95

Since they are on the high seas what laws apply to paid events?

Archived