Celebrity Select Dining

Diva Onboard

We have done My Time Dining (MTD) on Royal Caribbean before. We will be sailing on the Infinity this November and we are waitlisted for traditional dining but in the meantime, we are booked for Celebrity Select Dining.

With Royal Caribbean, you are encouraged to make your MTD reservations online before you cruise. You can select the same time everyday or a different time everyday.

I just checked our reservation but there is no option to book Celebrity Select Dining reservations. Does anyone know if the option to book reservations for the Celebrity Select Dining will become available? Or do you have to book with the dining room host the first day you board?

Any advice, comments are welcome.

Go to Celebrity Site

Login

Go to My Cruise Summary

Scroll down to Dining Preference, click on 'View'

Select dining times comes up.

Hit 'reserve now'

Well that worked for me, we have made final payment, so I don't know if that has any bearing on it.

Thanks - I'll try that. When I did log in to manage the reservation and it said reserve dining, it was only for specialty dining in the specialy restaurants.

I'll try the other way, through summary and view. We have not made final payment yet so maybe the option won't be available until then.

Thanks - I'll report back if I have any luck.

I wouldn't wait until onboard, myself although we used to.

Went to pick anytime dining (select) for a Solstice cruise in October and select tables are all reserved already.

Picked 6:30 seating downstairs and hope they can accommodate us upstairs once on board. (they have in the past)

It can be a good idea to schedule specialty restaurants ahead of time too.

I've had Tuscan sold out picking a night on a whim after being onboard for a couple days.

Also have gone around and checked all the night's menus deciding where to dine for the night, too so ymmv.

I think that they do not allow reservervations for ALL of the tables at any given time. There are 2 lines at the entrance to the restaurant, one for reserved tables and one for turn ups. We never reserve and have always been seated within 10 mins of arrival. When we have dined with friends who have reserved we always seem to wait longer. We love the way we can just arrive when we feel like it and not because it "time for dinner".

Hi, we did Select Dining last year and it was really easy - we went down for our meal when we felt like it and the longest we waited on only one occasion was about 10 minutes as we asked for a quiet table for 2 where we weren't sitting 'on the knees' of the other tables for 2 ! Most evenings we went in straight away. We'd never book the time before the evening as it means that we 'have to stick to a time' and we went with Select Dining so that we could be flexible and 'go with the flow'.

:)

I just made MDR reservations for select dining online last night. Our cruise is in April, so we are nowhere near final payment. I tried to book dining online about 2 weeks ago, and that option wasn't available, yet.

I went under reservation summary, and there was an option to click on to make reservations for MDR. You have to book each night separately, which took a bit of time.

I just made MDR reservations for select dining online last night. Our cruise is in April, so we are nowhere near final payment. I tried to book dining online about 2 weeks ago, and that option wasn't available, yet.

I went under reservation summary, and there was an option to click on to make reservations for MDR. You have to book each night separately, which took a bit of time.

Greetings

Yes, the web site does not make it very simple. You have to keep going in and preforming the same steps for each and every night. It can be quite time consuming. But at least it seems to work.

Good Sailing

Tom

Wer'e select dining this year and we'll just go to dinner when we choose. Last year we were on mtd on RCI nav of the seas. When we went around 8-830pm we almost had the same table and waiters for the entire Trans Atlantic which I felt was nice, George

Hi, we did Select Dining last year and it was really easy - we went down for our meal when we felt like it and the longest we waited on only one occasion was about 10 minutes as we asked for a quiet table for 2 where we weren't sitting 'on the knees' of the other tables for 2 ! Most evenings we went in straight away. We'd never book the time before the evening as it means that we 'have to stick to a time' and we went with Select Dining so that we could be flexible and 'go with the flow'.

I'm with you select should be just like dropping into any restaurant, I think anyone pre-booking a time slot for select dining should be bumped back to the fixed club dining, leaving more options for the rest of us.:rolleyes::cool:;)

The first night we lined up for dinner we were seated with "Oscar" as our waiter, we liked him very much-and so we reserved to use him the rest of the cruise-whenever we ate in the main dining room. Since this was a Med cruise, a couple of nights we ate upstairs being too tired for dinner, besides using the specialties 3 times-so we only ate dinner with Oscar about half the time. One night we forgot but we were given Oscar anyway! LOL! They knew we liked him.

We really liked the select dining we had on the Solstice. In fact we have booked it again for our little 4 day on the Connie in January.

Our whole reason for picking Select Dining this time is the shows. We prefer the later dining time but we were never ready in time to see the early shows. So this time if we want to see the show that evening we"ll eat early, and if we aren't interested in the show we'll eat later.

I only wish I knew the show line up in advance and then I could reserve our dinners! That's just the OCD in me. :D

Personally I wish they had a late show and an even later show as opposed to an early show and late show. I prefer to see a show after eating, not before.

...We'd never book the time before the evening as it means that we 'have to stick to a time' and we went with Select Dining so that we could be flexible and 'go with the flow'.

You don't have to "stick to a time". We've often called the dining room host mid-afternoon, or just popped in when they first open, and changed the time we had reserved.

Quote from terrierjohn: "I'm with you select should be just like dropping into any restaurant, I think anyone pre-booking a time slot for select dining should be bumped back to the fixed club dining, leaving more options for the rest of us."

Many people use MTD because the early sitting is too early and the late sitting is too late. Are you saying that people who want to eat at 7:15 each night shouldn't be allowed to use MTD? Sorry - that's one of its primary advantages.

You don't have to "stick to a time". We've often called the dining room host mid-afternoon, or just popped in when they first open, and changed the time we had reserved.

I suppose we live in a world where we feel that we are dictated by where we have to be, when we have to be there and who we have to meet. It is so relaxing on holiday to have the freedom (even up to the last minute) of just going for a meal when we feel like it -------- no schedules, no deadlines --- just perfect! We love sitting on the balcony and 'if the mood takes us' thinking, "should we get ready for dinner now?"

If we arranged a table all of that freedom would go and the clock would be ticking ---

Not sure if this makes sense :confused: Like in all things cruising it is 'each to his / her own'

I'm with you select should be just like dropping into any restaurant, I think anyone pre-booking a time slot for select dining should be bumped back to the fixed club dining, leaving more options for the rest of us.:rolleyes::cool:;)

I don't agree at all and either does Celebrity!:o Just think about it...Why do you think Celebrity offers this service? Why would you need to book?; if you miss your time slot, you do have to wait unless no on else is waiting! Some people have reasons to eat at the same time and those times doesn't correlate with the TWO times of the MDR. Others enjoy being able to book on some nights and NOT on other nights. Furthermore, there are people who have medical issues...Sorry terrierjohn, but I have to gong you on this one!

Go to Celebrity Site

Login

Go to My Cruise Summary

Scroll down to Dining Preference, click on 'View'

Select dining times comes up.

Hit 'reserve now'

Well that worked for me, we have made final payment, so I don't know if that has any bearing on it.

I just made our Select Dining reservations for our upcoming February Eclipse cruise and the final payment won't be made until November.

Archived