New Legends announced for fall!

meggie711

They are currently Steven Tyler (of Aerosmith), Lady Gaga, and Elvis...all of which I'd much rather see than Donna Summer and Jimmy Buffett. :/

And the article that Norwegian tweeted last night lists the new "Legends" as starting on November 3rd. The week before my cruise. *sigh*

The article that @CruiseNorwegian tweeted last night.

Thanks for the info!

SingleCruiser - ever heard of Margaritaville? :) If not, I feel dumb for asking. lol Jimmy Buffet is awesome..

It didn't specify a date, just said coming this fall. I looked up the Legends webpage and got linked to Ticketmaster dot com. It shows Jimmy performing in Atlantic City on Sept. 2nd, so I would guess it would be sometime after that.

Not to be mean Meggie, cause I make dozens of mistakes on these boards, but the Fact that Jimmie Buffet is performing in AC on Sept 2nd, has nothing to do with an impersonator show.:rolleyes: OOps

Kev:cool:

Not to be mean Meggie, cause I make dozens of mistakes on these boards, but the Fact that Jimmie Buffet is performing in AC on Sept 2nd, has nothing to do with an impersonator show.:rolleyes: OOps

The way I read Meggie's post, she was not talking about the real Jimmy Buffet. She was referring to her research on the Legends in Concert website - which shows the Buffet impersonator booked at Bally's Atlantic City through 9/2/12 (hence her reasoning that whenever the switch to the new impersonators on the Epic occurred, it would be after that date - and she was right as we've since learned it will be 11/3/12).

Ooops (in a good natured way). :)

The way I read Meggie's post, she was not talking about the real Jimmy Buffet. She was referring to her research on the Legends in Concert website - which shows the Buffet impersonator booked at Bally's Atlantic City through 9/2/12 (hence her reasoning that whenever the switch to the new impersonators on the Epic occurred, it would be after that date - and she was right as we've since learned it will be 11/3/12).

Thanks for clearing that up for me! :) Someone had asked when the new Legends performers (impersonators) would be starting on the Epic and I did a little research. Interested because I saw how they perform at shows all over the country, I wondered how much tickets for *impersonators* would go for, and happened to come across a schedule showing the Jimmy Buffet *impersonator*. I knew from that schedule that he was probably not flying back and forth to perform at Atlantic City and on the Epic. Sorry if my prior post was confusing. :)

Like I said, I am wrong often and once again, duh WRONG:eek: Sorry meggie, when I re-read it I fgured out what you were saying and now as usual Kev looks like the fool. :o

Like I said, I am wrong often and once again, duh WRONG:eek: Sorry meggie, when I re-read it I fgured out what you were saying and now as usual Kev looks like the fool. :o

;) No worries. It was late at night after all. My brain sometimes freezes up after midnight, and then I'll re-read something the next morning and am like, oh dear, why did I post that???!!! :)

It's cool, Kev! No worries! :)

We were on the Epic last fall....

I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan and was absolutely thrilled that they had a Steven Tyler impersonator in the show....I didn't even know about the Legends show until we got onboard....

So.....Steven Tyler comes out.....I AM FLOORED!! This guy looks EXACTLY like Steven Tyler....I'm getting so excited!!! :eek: Then he started singing...........so NOT Tyler....lol

But it was a great show!! :D

Elvis.....I give him 2 of 5 stars....good singer, not so good with the Elvis moves....

As a huge parrothead, not that my User name and avitar is any tip off :), who has seen Jimmy live 12 times, I did get excited seeing the announcement. Only problem is I am sure the legends show will only have the typical popular Buffett hits...Margaritaville, 5:00 somewhere, Fins, Cheeseburger. I would muc rather hear the not so famous true Buffett songs.

Yes, but if someone is not a true fan, but knows Jimmy's main hits, hearing obscure songs would be a waste of time. The idea of a legends show is that they feature artists known by many and of course, their most popular hits.

They are currently Steven Tyler (of Aerosmith), Lady Gaga, and Elvis...all of which I'd much rather see than Donna Summer and Jimmy Buffett. :/

And the article that Norwegian tweeted last night lists the new "Legends" as starting on November 3rd. The week before my cruise. *sigh*

The article that @CruiseNorwegian tweeted last night.

The current Legends line-up is actually Rod Stewart, Madonna and Elvis.

[quote name='mjsshipboy']The current Legends line-up is actually Rod Stewart, Madonna and Elvis.[/quote]

They performed at our local theme park last year and I had so much fun watching them. It was Faith Hill, Elvis, and Rod Stewart. The Rod Stewart was so believeable and very entertaining. I wouldn't mind seeing him perform again!

Archived