New Legends announced for fall!

meggie711

NCL just announced new Legends on board the Epic for this fall (Michael Jackson, Donna Summer, and JIMMY BUFFET). Does anybody know how long these performers are on board? I'm hoping they will still be there when we go in March 2013. I'm a big Buffet fan and, yes, it's just an impersonator, but still something I'm excited about. :)

I'm such a dork. I seriously jumped out of my chair at my office when I read the announcement.. lol I've never gotten the opportunity to see Jimmy, so I think I would have a lot of fun seeing the impersonator. :) Michael and Donna would be fun too. My word, that just made my morning! lol

I don't know why they can't have shows like this throughout their fleet. :(

I'm used to older ships with not a whole lot going on. That's why we got so excited about Epic, and now this?? I'm a happy girl. :)

The Legends swap out normally on the transatlantic cruise. So these Legends should be onboard until the ship repositions to Europe in April.

That's when we're traveling. Jackson imp. was excellent when we saw him a few Epics ago.

DONNA SUMMER!!! I had such a major crush on her when I was in high school. Yep, showing my age with that comment. :D

LOL I can't remember which song it was, but I've always remembered she had the #1 song the day I was born. :D

Found it! It was "Bad Girls"!

Is this from the first cruise out of Miami or will they be on the Barcelona trans Atlantic?

I'm guessing this Jimmy guy is a big states only celeb as never heard of him and a quick google shows no chart entries in UK???

SingleCruiser - ever heard of Margaritaville? :) If not, I feel dumb for asking. lol Jimmy Buffet is awesome..

It didn't specify a date, just said coming this fall. I looked up the Legends webpage and got linked to Ticketmaster dot com. It shows Jimmy performing in Atlantic City on Sept. 2nd, so I would guess it would be sometime after that.

Is this from the first cruise out of Miami or will they be on the Barcelona trans Atlantic?

I'm guessing this Jimmy guy is a big states only celeb as never heard of him and a quick google shows no chart entries in UK???

Yea, sort of an American Icon. Is legacy is sort of an "island escapism" theme. One of his biggest hits was Margaritaville.

YES

If if is the same Michael Jackson Epic had in 2010, he is amazing. Almost identical to the real thing in sound and appearance. Donna Summer sounds great too. I was hoping for Tina Turner though :(

I am not a big Buffet fan (even though I live in Florida). But good selection and no more Brittany Spears !!

Last year Oct on the westbound TA from Barcelona to Miami there were two sets of Legends - one the first week as outgoing and another, a new, one during the 2nd week - incoming.

Hopefully this will happen again this year's TA.

I don't know why they can't have shows like this throughout their fleet. :(

They would if you are willing to pay more for your cruise!

Just like they would have free drinks and free shore excursions and everyone would have Butler and Concierge service.

All you have to do is pay more for your cruise!:D

(Free Slot Play, too.... just have to.... you know...)

As a huge parrothead, not that my User name and avitar is any tip off :), who has seen Jimmy live 12 times, I did get excited seeing the announcement. Only problem is I am sure the legends show will only have the typical popular Buffett hits...Margaritaville, 5:00 somewhere, Fins, Cheeseburger. I would muc rather hear the not so famous true Buffett songs.

As a huge parrothead, not that my User name and avitar is any tip off :), who has seen Jimmy live 12 times, I did get excited seeing the announcement. Only problem is I am sure the legends show will only have the typical popular Buffett hits...Margaritaville, 5:00 somewhere, Fins, Cheeseburger. I would muc rather hear the not so famous true Buffett songs.

Yeah, I'm sure it will be the basics. Which I love them and at least know all of the words.. lol

I wish they did a whole show of just him. Maybe he'll play in one of the lounges on another night.

NCL just announced new Legends on board the Epic for this fall (Michael Jackson, Donna Summer, and JIMMY BUFFET). Does anybody know how long these performers are on board? I'm hoping they will still be there when we go in March 2013. I'm a big Buffet fan and, yes, it's just an impersonator, but still something I'm excited about. :)

You had me scared a little bit....Michael Jackson is dead!!! :D

Does anyone know which "legends" are on the Epic now?

They are currently Steven Tyler (of Aerosmith), Lady Gaga, and Elvis...all of which I'd much rather see than Donna Summer and Jimmy Buffett. :/

And the article that Norwegian tweeted last night lists the new "Legends" as starting on November 3rd. The week before my cruise. *sigh*

The article that @CruiseNorwegian tweeted last night.

Archived