white pants in September

Yes....in warm climes, there is no "after Labor Day" thing!

Thank you, I keep getting "the" lecture about white pants from my Maine born BFF. I'm cruising in Sept and intend to wear white. I wear what I wish when I wish.. something that drives my BFF crazy. LOL

white Capris in port.....paired with a tropical shirt/tank..combo! I' dont give a rats ascot what the calendar says, or the fashionistas..for that matter...I dress for me..my comfort, and my neatness. Gotta have pockets tho !!!!!!

white Capris in port.....paired with a tropical shirt/tank..combo! I' dont give a rats ascot what the calendar says, or the fashionistas..for that matter...I dress for me..my comfort, and my neatness. Gotta have pockets tho !!!!!!

OMG your me! Thats exactly what I wear, think, and do. I won't wear/buy pants without pockets.. lol how funny.

Not only is it outdated and absurd, why do people think that these rules apply out of the country (USA)?

Does Canada and the UK have the "no white after Labor Day/before Memorial Day" rule? I know Canada has a Labor Day, not sure of Memorial Day but it's not the same as ours.

How about other countries?

wondering if white pants would be appropriate in late September in bermuda

Not only are white pants appropriate in Bermuda in late September, they are mandatory!<lol> It's a subtropical climate, so it's kinda vital to wear light colors to stay cool.

I don't think ANYONE in California follows this rule. I thought it was an outdated myth, but maybe it's a regional thing. White pants anytime of the year here, white shoes too. But then many wear shorts in December and January too. My husband wears shorts year round.

Sounds like a regional thing to me. My BFF is from Maine and would as soon as die rather than wear white pants or shoes after labor day. Even in Florida or a tropical place, and she used to live in Florida.. lol Amazing to me how these things stick with a person. I adore whites and will be fully white-ed out in the Caribbean!

and who made that rule to begin with and why?? I supposed if it's raining you don't want to get splashed with mud, but a rule for the world??? From a Californian, where we hang out at the beach house for Christmas, it's just silly.

Archived